ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

On 10/03/2019 at 22:52, Principal Flutie said:

Worth noting Red Lightning confirmed he has no interest in the Zero G title.

The Polo match with Grado was for Grado to get a shot, and he lost the chance. I assume that Grado will still get that match eventually though. I don't believe Polo made the challenge.

Wolfgang said the same thing Lionheart did. Wants world class performers. I'm thinking there's a Gold Label clash down the line with the champ, Lightning and Wolfgang.

One of the new masked tadgers took a beating from Lionheart after the main event.

I believe Jackie challenged Jarrett to a match too. Saying he doesn' want to be a pawn in Jarrett's game or something like that and told Grado he doesn't need the approval of Jarrett because he has the love of the fans and Jackie himself. I could see them both having a match with Jarrett over Shug's weekend.

On 14/03/2019 at 21:49, FairWeatherFan said:

The stuff for this at Shugs night 2 last year was cringeworthy (which I'm sure may well be the idea) and the crowd shat all over it to the point Dallas had to get on the mic and ask them to play along.

17 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

The stuff for this at Shugs night 2 last year was cringeworthy (which I'm sure may well be the idea) and the crowd shat all over it to the point Dallas had to get on the mic and ask them to play along.

Should be decent enough entertainment at least and gives us an insight into a side of the business we're not too familiar with. I know essentially what the show is about but what's the premise of the show - is it a Tough Enough style competition and the winner gets an ICW contract? 

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed that first episode. Was funny and entertaining (if a bit cringy at times)  and it gave a good insight into the training side of the business. Amazing how difficult even a back bump is. Looking forward to seeing how it develops. 

Marguerita was the clear stand out for me from that episode. Athletic, well built, good looking and decent on the mic. Wasn't awful at taking the bumps either and I'm sure she'd get even better with more training. Liked the 'Big Da' too. Again good on the mic and fairly decent athletically given his size. Also had a soft spot for wee Paul the Pitbull. Think Lil Scoop could be in danger next week. Obviously athletic but he was dreadful at the bumps and I don't remember him particularly standing out during the mic segments either. Wee man syndrome (?) obviously struggled with that part too. Matthew can probably consider himself lucky he never got eliminated. 

Enjoyed 'Rab the Crab's' big strop at the end too. He can't seriously have any complaints about being eliminated. Jester telling him to GTF while casually eating his lunch was excellent though :lol:

Edited to add: What was the point in that Fraser guy even being in it? :lol: Okay the video is no way to tell someone's athletic ability but surely they could see even from that he was a big boy? 

Edited by airdrieman

• 2 weeks later...

The winner was probably the right choice. They'd have been mental to not try their damndest to convince Lil' Scoop into training though. Given actual time, and that look, he'd be fucking huge.

Big Da is training with GPWA btw. I'd imagine he's not the only one.

Aye from the start it was always going to be her. She was the standout. Shame if she doesn't keep at it.

Agree about Scoop. His ring stuff let him down in the series but with some solid training behind him he could be brilliant. Seems like exactly the type of character who would be great in ICW.

On 09/04/2019 at 23:32, Principal Flutie said:

The winner was probably the right choice. They'd have been mental to not try their damndest to convince Lil' Scoop into training though. Given actual time, and that look, he'd be fucking huge.

Big Da is training with GPWA btw. I'd imagine he's not the only one.

On 10/04/2019 at 08:44, DA Baracus said:

Aye from the start it was always going to be her. She was the standout. Shame if she doesn't keep at it.

Agree about Scoop. His ring stuff let him down in the series but with some solid training behind him he could be brilliant. Seems like exactly the type of character who would be great in ICW.

Agreed. She was clearly the best from the start. Needed a fair bit more training to improve her confidence and ring work but that would come with time. I'm not sure if she's still training though? She's posted nothing on social media about it whereas the other competitors (even Rab and Fraser) posted about it almost daily. She also seemed to delete her Twitter account after the final. Agree about Scoop too. I wasn't convinced by him for most of the programme but the way he carried himself during that segment at Shug's was outstanding. Great look too. Could potentially be a star if he stuck at training. Big Da and Pitbull Paul have been training GPWA and someone on the ICW Facebook group said Rab the Crab is training at Source. 

I see ICW have announced Toni Storm, Kez Evans v BT Gunn and Just Justice v Jeff Jarrett for Shug's Hoose Party (both matches for night 1). 

They've also released the King of Hawners brackets - 

14 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Kings of the North vs. More Than Hype in an ICW ring? Outstanding. Although seeing Maxted in the Kings is a bit weird.

Should be class. My only problem with it is that one of them will be out after the first round.