Thatcher deid

Now that thatcher has gone, can we start blaming blair for the next 20-odd years :thumsup2

Blair's time was more of a betrayal than anything else. He more or less continued with Thatcher's policies. Except he borrowed heavily on the nations credit card and pissed away much of it. New Labour? More like Neo Conservatives.

Edited by Fotbawmad

I thought Lady Thatcher was a Methodist? St Pauls is an Anglican cathedral. I suppose if you are getting a "state" funeral the service would take place at the "state" church, but you would have thought there would have been a Methodist minister. Although maybe she became an Anglican when she married Denis.

I thought Lady Thatcher was a Methodist? St Pauls is an Anglican cathedral. I suppose if you are getting a "state" funeral the service would take place at the "state" church, but you would have thought there would have been a Methodist minister. Although maybe she became an Anglican when she married Denis.

She was a Methodist and Denis was a Spiritualist, this makes Mark and Carol methylated spirits

Let's be honest, there wasn't an ounce of Christianity in the horrible bitch. If I hadn't given up on the whole Imaginary Friend thing, people like her would make me doubt the existence of any kind of God.

Methodist background but Anglican in later life apparently.

Methodist background but Anglican in later life apparently.

I could probably have found that out with a wee bit of research! :) Bit of a change from Methodisim to Anglican especially High Anglican. I quite enjoy the occasional Church of Ireland (Anglican) service, but I don't know if I'd want to listen to it every week.

Let's be honest, there wasn't an ounce of Christianity in the horrible bitch

Mmm hmm.. The hoarding of power and wealth from the hoi polloi for the benefits of the few certainly hasn't been the watchword of Christianity throughout the ages.

Mmm hmm.. The hoarding of power and wealth from the hoi polloi for the benefits of the few certainly hasn't been the watchword of Christianity throughout the ages.

But haven't former US president, George W Bush and former British PM, Tony Blair embraced Christianity for many years now?

Shurely shome mishtake.

I could probably have found that out with a wee bit of research! :) Bit of a change from Methodisim to Anglican especially High Anglican. I quite enjoy the occasional Church of Ireland (Anglican) service, but I don't know if I'd want to listen to it every week.

Humility seems to be a stronger theme in Methodism than CoE so it's hardly surprising that she drifted away from it.

Tony Blair went the whole hog and switched to RC just as he finished up so when he pops his clogs they'll presumably do the whole shebang in Westminster Cathedral.

Somebody in my class got a chuckle in the lecture yesterday after the lecturer admitted to previously being a young Conservative but stated he wouldn't vote for her now to which this person shouted out "Aye, she's deid"

Humility seems to be a stronger theme in Methodism than CoE so it's hardly surprising that she drifted away from it.

Tony Blair went the whole hog and switched to RC just as he finished up so when he pops his clogs they'll presumably do the whole shebang in Westminster Cathedral.

I don't think Tony Blair will be getting a state funeral. Although if he does I'll probably be dead, so it will matter even less to me!

The parties have all died down now,did'nt last long did it and her death changes nothing except a few Tories determined to keep her memory alive and therefore her fucking orrible politics.

Edited by DeeGas

Haven't read the thread, dgaf, but can we take a moment to appreciate all the great second wave ska that came as a direct result of her reign?

Like:

But haven't former US president, George W Bush and former British PM, Tony Blair embraced Christianity for many years now?

Shurely shome mishtake.

I think I'm right in saying that every single US president has been a Christian, at least in public.