Thatcher deid

Thatcher is the greatest thing to happen to the Left imo. You just have to look at the 2011 Labour Scottish election campaign using the 'nasty Tory' line as a supposed vote winner as evidence of that... although I guess the result shows it was ill advised, in part because theres large number of voters who werent born when she was in power.

Love this line idiots come out with. So was it wrong to celebrate the death of Hitler?

Goodwins law.

But, yeah, I would think it was. Celebrating the end of a war is different but celebrating the death of a person?

It's distinctly un-human for me.

A lot of people in Scotland blamed Maggie for all the woes of modern Scottish life.

My old man before he died used to blame Thatcher for the railways disappearing. :blink:

It would be nice to see the ages of some of the dissenting voices on this thread. Some of them were probably not old enough to vote even when she was kicked out of office.

Edited by Bookies Love Me

Thatcher is the greatest thing to happen to the Left imo. You just have to look at the 2011 Labour Scottish election campaign using the 'nasty Tory' line as a supposed vote winner as evidence of that... although I guess the result shows it was ill advised, in part because theres large number of voters who werent born when she was in power.

The left don't count nowadays, she was the worst thing to happen to the left IMHO.

I've lost count of the number of youngsters on various sites hitting out with the "So if I wasn't born then I guess I can't oppose her, should I not oppose Hitler either?" line. It doesn't matter how many of you say it, it doesn't make it any more legitimate.

Or we could frame this another way. What Prime Ministers do you like?

What Prime Ministers does anyone like? It seems like the worst job on earth to me. You're either incompetent - Brown and Major - or hated - Blair and Thatcher.

It really does surprise me how many kids who grew up under a Labour government and during an economic boom are suddenly delighted about the death of a PM who served 2 governments before their memory. You weren't there, you don't understand, give it a by.

Obviously I wasn't alive at the time but I whilst I never agreed with a large amount of her policies, what she achieved was quite remarkable. And whilst I'm not really bothered about the fact that she's dead, I certainly won't be celebrating it.

You weren't alive so you clearly don't remember what this evil woman did to British industry and what she deliberately put millions of people through all in the name of a crazy social re-engineering project that ultimately led to the recent credit crunch. Good riddance.