Thatcher deid

As been said already, I did not approve of her policies in general but loved the way she stuck to her guns. Hard bitch.

Many an Argie still scared at the mention of her name.

If only the spineless wonders in Holyrood/Westminater would take a leaf out of her book.

RIP Maggie

Did not agree with many of her policies at the time but she has easily been the strongest Prime Minister we have had since Winston.

She keeps good company eh, what with Churchill being a warmongering criminal.

Edited by banana

People greatly overestimate the impact of Thatcher. The industrial centres of Britain would have crumbled regardless, they weren't competitive enough and had significant labour problems.

It wasn't just the miners she shafted. When she was in power, I worked for the MOD and she even shafted her own employees, the Civil Service. She was determined to attack the unions wherever they were, as she saw them as a threat to the power of government. She had no scruples, and didn't care who got hurt by her actions. I hope we never see her like again. I've always regarded her as an arrogant b*****d,.