online dating

In honour of chuckles' sad demise, I have a betting slip here with Barcelona at 10/1 to beat PSG tonight Stampy...

Can't show you it, natch, but trust me it exists.

:P:thumsup2:P:):o:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My auld man (56 at the time) used an online dating site to get himself a new missus.

I took the piss first, but he made a very fair point of "I am 56, where will I meet a new girl? The pub?" which was fair as it is very easy for us younger ones who can still rely on dancefloors to do the magic for us?

• 4 weeks later...

My auld man (56 at the time) used an online dating site to get himself a new missus.

I took the piss first, but he made a very fair point of "I am 56, where will I meet a new girl? The pub?" which was fair as it is very easy for us younger ones who can still rely on dancefloors to do the magic for us?

I missed this thread first time round and I'm about the same as your auld man (currently 53).

Meting women in your 50s is no different to meeting women in your 20s. You see a girl you like, talk to her and ask her for a drink or whatever. Sometimes she says yes and often you get a knock-back. The process is the same whatever your age.

• 5 weeks later...

I missed this thread first time round and I'm about the same as your auld man (currently 53).

Meting women in your 50s is no different to meeting women in your 20s. You see a girl you like, talk to her and ask her for a drink or whatever. Sometimes she says yes and often you get a knock-back. The process is the same whatever your age.

Are you a man in your 50s trying to meet a woman in their 20s though?

• 5 months later...

There's obviously nothing wrong with using online dating sites. If my wife ever works out what a knob I am and leaves me, I have no idea how I would go about meeting women? Work? Awkward moments by the coffee machine? Going out on the pull? I'm 32, you don't meet nice people in their early 30s out on the pull.

Probably the only sensible post in this thread.

I'm 34 and it's a fucking nightmare. Everyone's either already paired off, or the single people in their early 20s look at me like I'm their dad. I don't even look particularly old.

Even dating sites are so much hard work to get anything out of if you have any sort of standards. I'm not talking about shagging websites like PoF, I mean proper dating websites.

Edited by mid-table

Probably the only sensible post in this thread.I'm 34 and it's a fucking nightmare. Everyone's either already paired off, or the single people in their early 20s look at me like I'm their dad. I don't even look particularly old.Even dating sites are so much hard work to get anything out of if you have any sort of standards. I'm not talking about shagging websites like PoF, I mean proper dating websites.

What are standards?

What are standards?

No kids, not ugly, don't use the word 'banter' in their profile.

Edit; just read that back and I don't consider that someone who has kids means they are a lower standard, it's just not my preference.

Edited by mid-table

About
Smokes often with Thin body type
City
Perth, Scotland
Details
28 year old Woman, 5' 6" (168cm), Non-Religious
Ethnicity
Caucasian Pisces with Mixed color hair
Intent
jacs28 wants to date but nothing serious.
Education
High School
Personality
Tattooed/Pierced
Profession
team leader

4g2kvkdzadsxwjxmxsjri5z2r335899170.jpg
4l5pwtactj5xxvtyuqloexsos339214384.jpg
4l5pwtactj5xxvtyuqloexsos339214284.jpg

BBM pin 7B8268645

so is there actually any normal guys on here last thing a girl wants is "are you horny" as a start of line jeez give a girl some credit.

Mummy to my 5 year old little princess, shes my everything.

got my wee kitty smudge didnt realise how crazy they could be but shes great for snuggles on the boring nights.

dont see point writing interest on here come ask if you wanna know might as well have summit to talk about.

xxx

WOULD ANYONE RIDE THIS ??

Edited by robbie bobson

About
City
Perth, Scotland
Details
Ethnicity
Intent
Education
High School
Personality
Tattooed/Pierced
Profession
team leader

BBM pin 7B8268645

so is there actually any normal guys on here last thing a girl wants is "are you horny" as a start of line jeez give a girl some credit.

got my wee kitty smudge didnt realise how crazy they could be but shes great for snuggles on the boring nights.

dont see point writing interest on here come ask if you wanna know might as well have summit to talk about.

xxx

I've seen worse but the blurb doesn't exactly get you thinking 'Wow! What a catch!'...reckon she's telling porkies about her age too

About

City

Perth, Scotland

Details

Ethnicity

Intent

Education

High School

Personality

Tattooed/Pierced

Profession

team leader

BBM pin 7B8268645

xxx

She needs to stand a wee bit closer to the razor.