online dating

Could you enlarge your pic in the avatar itz, I'm trying to keep the kids back from my laptop . :P

no but heres the pre edit

post-21687-0-87065900-1365286600_thumb.j

eta: both years, away top > home

Edited by itzdrk

I'm concerned about the objectification of women; viewing them as aesthetically pleasing rather than relating to them as people and seeing them as someone either to be a friend or someone to share their life with.

Troll_4b7148_1719826.gif

I'm concerned about the objectification of women; viewing them as aesthetically pleasing rather than relating to them as people and seeing them as someone either to be a friend or someone to share their life with.

One of your few posts I've agreed with and I don't even know if you're being serious. Also don't know what it has to do with on-line dating TBH.

Read the OP

I have. If some males AND some females want to use some on-line dating agencies as a portal for casual sex I have no problem with that. I can only assume that it only applies to some individuals and some sites. Assuming that any 'relationship' is consensual I don't have a problem with that.

So I'm not sure of the relevancy of your point in this context. In a wider context, yes for years women have been portrayed as objects by certain individuals, still happens regularly in so called newspapers on a daily basis. Sadly don't see it ending any time soon.

Of course groups and individuals that suggest women are not equal to men do not help with this.

I have. If some males AND some females want to use some on-line dating agencies as a portal for casual sex I have no problem with that. I can only assume that it only applies to some individuals and some sites. Assuming that any 'relationship' is consensual I don't have a problem with that.

So I'm not sure of the relevancy of your point in this context. In a wider context, yes for years women have been portrayed as objects by certain individuals, still happens regularly in so called newspapers on a daily basis. Sadly don't see it ending any time soon.

Of course groups and individuals that suggest women are not equal to men do not help with this.

You know the major problem here is that you don't even see the contradiction. Casual relations are destructive because they provide a temporary sense of a relationship. The OP wants to use online dating to heal his emotional wounds that from his post have left him with low self esteem and self worth so the solution is to be casually intimate with another human being. That's the major issue with the "hook up" culture that's creating damaged individuals who become withdrawn from relationships and become non-committal to other people. Oh but let's have equality?? Great idea. The result is that women participate in this behaviour too. I really worry about the way people relate to each other

You know the major problem here is that you don't even see the contradiction. Casual relations are destructive because they provide a temporary sense of a relationship. The OP wants to use online dating to heal his emotional wounds that from his post have left him with low self esteem and self worth so the solution is to be casually intimate with another human being. That's the major issue with the "hook up" culture that's creating damaged individuals who become withdrawn from relationships and become non-committal to other people. Oh but let's have equality?? Great idea. The result is that women participate in this behaviour too. I really worry about the way people relate to each other

Your patters revolting give it a rest.