online dating

Oh, I'll get to that sometime. ;)

The guy she dumped was a control freak and a total tight-arse. Given he was known to a number of folk I knew and we warned her of this at the beginning, I'm glad he is out of my kids' lives.

She just needed to find out for herself.

Very sensible line in a thread which is a touch sad. You can never tell people who have entered a relationship that their new squeeze is a bunny boiler, disnae work.

• 11 months later...

Decided to try my hand recently at online dating, see if it was any good. Just went on to a woman's page there that has no profile picture but the following personal statement:

''I would say I am a bit of a adventure seeker and im so childish, im not one bit romantic so I cant flirt even the tinest bit.

I am looking for a family guy that does want children but is always up for a laugh I would like him to be strong but I dont like people with glasses im so sorry! I do want a guy whos handsome and he is a boy boy''

The glasses bit is my favourite part :lol:

Decided to try my hand recently at online dating, see if it was any good. Just went on to a woman's page there that has no profile picture but the following personal statement:

''I would say I am a bit of a adventure seeker and im so childish, im not one bit romantic so I cant flirt even the tinest bit.

I am looking for a family guy that does want children but is always up for a laugh I would like him to be strong but I dont like people with glasses im so sorry! I do want a guy whos handsome and he is a boy boy''

The glasses bit is my favourite part :lol:

Up till the glasses bit I thought she wanted to meet Peter Griffin.

• 6 years later...

Been ages since any posts on this thread.

I'm thinking of signing up for online dating, a few months after separating from my wife of 18 years.  Who else is online dating at the moment?  Any suggestions / tips / amusing stories?

14 minutes ago, Gnash said:

I'm thinking of signing up for online dating, a few months after separating from my wife of 18 years.  Who else is online dating at the moment?  Any suggestions / tips / amusing stories?

She is.

I tried for a while but only seemed to get “likes” from young scrubbers looking forward money for “…my mother’s meds/my son’s food/my electric bill/plane fare to the USA…”

Sometimes hilarious but not a single date-worthy candidate.

Given up for now.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I tried for a while but only seemed to get “likes” from young scrubbers looking forward money for “…my mother’s meds/my son’s food/my electric bill/plane fare to the USA…”

Given up for now

A tenner on her pre payed card is worth a blowey surely?

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

What fucking app were you on?! :blink:

Given up for now.
Sorry about that, times were tight.

9 hours ago, Gnash said:

Signing up for online dating isn’t what you do in 2021, you download an app.

10 hours ago, Gnash said:

A/S/L?

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Signing up for online dating isn’t what you do in 2021, you download an app.

Fine advice, not sure my ancient mobile phone can cope with another app though.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

A/S/L?

Pretty sure you can can all of that from my profile on here.  If you're interested, give me a buzz. 

5 minutes ago, Maxxx17 said:

Online dating sites are different. I have tried many of them. Sometimes I even got scammers. You just need to choose the right sites and check your interlocutors. And it's even better to use verified ones. I was often fooled that way. Until a friend of mine advised a dating site where he found a girl himself. I still had anxiety when I started chatting with a girl there. Was she real? Would she cheat on me? All that kind of stuff. But she consistently sent me pictures of herself every day. Asking me out on dates. So I was sure of her. Now we're dating. And what the hell can I say. Online dating is awesome. I found my man. With the same interests as me. And we're happy. 😋

Wait, what. 

Edited by SANTAN

Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I stumbled into a job managing customer service for one of the big dating sites a few years back and if you think the Head's Gones on here are bad you should see what a 55 year old man will write to someone after a bad date.

Get that shit posted then FFS

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

tenor.gif?itemid=16255647

Well yes there was a lot of that. And a lot of red faced men calling to ask why their account had been closed when all they'd done was call a woman a c**t because they hadn't gotten their hole. 

Folk sending messages asking dates to use some weird secret app so their partners didn't know they were having an affair. Some of the horniest exchanges you've ever seen as well. Mountains of dick pics obviously. I only had a couple of particularly egregious ones saved but I think at some point I had a crisis of conscience and deleted them (so yes I am a c**t)