The Simpsons best bits

deadasdillinger

Thought I'd post this. It's a 1996 pilot written by the most prolific Simpsons writer John Swartzwelder. It's not great but there are some very Simpsonsesque moments. As one comment says, it could have been excellent with Phil Hartman in the title role.

Lasted about 5 minutes. Christ that's fucking rotten.

What the hell happened, he's writer of some of my favourite Simpsons episodes!

STEALING! How could you? Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church - Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of law! Why do you think I took you to all of those Police Academy movies, FOR FUN? Well I didn't see anybody laughing, DID YOU? Except at that guy who did sound effects, hehe. Vrmmm. Now where was I? Oh yeah, stay outta my booze!

That's by far one of my favourite Simpsons moments. Brilliant.

What does sequestered mean?

If the jury is deadlocked, they're put up in a hotel so they can't communicate with the outside world.

What does deadlocked mean?

It's when the jury can't agree on a verdict.

And if?

A conjuction meaning in the event of or on condition of.

So if we get deadlocked, we'll get sequestered to the Springfield Palace Hotel, where we'll get a free room, free food, free swimming pool, free HBO, and, Oooo, Free Willy.

How many S's in innocent?

If the jury is deadlocked, they're put up in a hotel so they can't communicate with the outside world.

And if?

So if we get deadlocked, we'll get sequestered to the Springfield Palace Hotel, where we'll get a free room, free food, free swimming pool, free HBO, and, Oooo, Free Willy.

Can't believe you went to all that effort and missed out the last line of that scene, which is my favourite:

"I'm only doing what I think is right. I believe Freddy Quimby should walk out of here a free hotel."

And if?

• 2 weeks later...