The Simpsons best bits

deadasdillinger

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I was very surprised to see recently that 'Homer's Enemy' is seemingly the most popular episode.

It's a great episode but it wouldn't make my top 50. Unsure why it's so revered over so many other better episodes.

Probably my favourite episode in fairness  but each to their own 

It's definitely up there for me. It was just so good to see a normal character in The Simpsons basically challenging the reality of Homer's world. And yet we still end up rooting for Homer even though Frank Grimes is absolutely spot on with everything he says. He shows us how unbelievable Homer's life actually is and it finishes fantastically with the "Change the channel, Marge". I think it's an episode almost showing the audience 'Aye it's a ridiculous concept, but we aint changing now! Deal with it'. 

I'm of course probably overthinking it but I thought it was fantastic from start to finish. 

Couple eps always spring to mind when I think about my favourites. 'The Last Temptation of Homer' where he falls for the lovely beer swilling, doughnut eating, Mindy Simmons when she starts working in the power plant. Just seemed to be one visual gag after another in that, and 'Mr Spritz Goes to Washington' which has possibly my favourite Simpsons joke

'hes had a heart attack, quick, someone perform CPR'

Homer: '...Uh...I see a bad moon rising'

Homers enemy is probably highly rated because he pisses grimes off so much by doing, well nothing, just being homer, and we get to watch grimes descent into madness over stuff everyone just accepts from homer

Defo a high fav but not the best one, for me most sideshow bob eps are the best, kelsey grammar is just simply superb as bob, cape feare will always be one of my favourite ever episodes, 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hurricane Neddy is one of the all time favourites.

The way Ned roasted everyone in the clip has me in stiches every time. 

It's the way it builds up with everyone shocked, and then Homer thinking he got off lightly :lol:

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's the way it builds up with everyone shocked, and then Homer thinking he got off lightly :lol:

They cut that clip off early, but there is a great line when he books into calmwood and the receptionist asks, would you like to go quietly or be dragged kicking and screaming and he replies “oooh kicking and screaming please”

On 07/03/2023 at 22:35, buchan30 said:

They cut that clip off early, but there is a great line when he books into calmwood and the receptionist asks, would you like to go quietly or be dragged kicking and screaming and he replies “oooh kicking and screaming please”

Him slagging moe as well

"you ugly hate filled man" 

"hey i might be ugly and hate filled.... Wait what was the last one again" 

• 2 weeks later...