The Simpsons best bits

deadasdillinger

• 1 month later...
I've just noticed that Sideshow Mel always seems to be at the PTA meetings, but they've never mentioned who his kid is.

Mel once complained that Barbara no longer pleasured him with the French Arts. It is revealed that he has at least one child when he says "Krusty, please, my wife is giving birth as we speak." He has also been seen with a son, Warren, a daughter, Becca, and several unnamed children.

Just now, buchan30 said:

Mel once complained that Barbara no longer pleasured him with the French Arts. It is revealed that he has at least one child when he says "Krusty, please, my wife is giving birth as we speak." He has also been seen with a son, Warren, a daughter, Becca, and several unnamed children.

Fair enough, although if they are mentioned in series 13 or later, I don't consider that canon.

14/15, and I assume everyone got the aeroplane one wrong. Everything else was fairly obvious. 

https://whatculture.com/tv/10-incredibly-subtle-jokes-simpsons-might-missed?page=3

After attending Chuck Garabedian's Mega-Savings Seminar, the Simpsons begin to put their penny-pinching (or should that be squeezing?) into practice. Providing you don't care which country you land in, discount airline tickets are too good an offer to refuse. Or so the Simpsons think. However, when the destination is revealed to be Japan, one family member isn't exactly thrilled. Marge: Come on, Homer. Japan will be fun! You liked Rashomon. Homer: That's not how I remember it! At first, Homer's line seems to be a throwaway gag, just another sign of his stubbornness. But for anyone familiar with Akira Kurosawa's 1950 silent classic, it takes on a much deeper meaning. Rashomon is a seminal study of subjectivity in which four witnesses give different accounts of a rape and murder. And so Homer and Marge having opposing perspectives becomes a rather clever joke.

Well there you go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...