Metal Gear Solid V

Broken Algorithms

Nah, I doubt they will give the character the chance to torture someone. Think certification would be a problem if they did that.

The change in voice is logical, Big Boss is older, and will not sound the same as he did when he was younger. Old Big Boss in MGS4 was voiced by Richard Doyle and no one seemed to care since David Hayter was still in the game.

Regardless, this will be game of the year when it is released, it will be the best game I have ever played and I will happily throw money at Kojima.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I doubt they will give the character the chance to torture someone. Think certification would be a problem if they did that.

The change in voice is logical, Big Boss is older, and will not sound the same as he did when he was younger. Old Big Boss in MGS4 was voiced by Richard Doyle and no one seemed to care since David Hayter was still in the game.

Regardless, this will be game of the year when it is released, it will be the best game I have ever played and I will happily throw money at Kojima.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I was joking about the torture due to the Jack Bauer reference. I know boss is older and it makes sense, but I'd have given Hayter a chance to try as a older Boss

For anyone wanting to know the canon order for the MGS series.

And going by it, it could be the last MGS game.

Unless Kojima revamps the ones that followed TPP's events.

• 1 month later...

Just a wee update:

People are hinting that the "Snake" shown in the trailer is not Big Boss at all.

I've heard it could be either Solidus Snake, Decoy Octopus or Gray Fox.

These theories are clearly stupid, but interesting nonetheless. Some of the justifications are downright silly.

"Big Bosses eye patch only ever had 2 straps, in the trailer it has 3 straps. Therefore it is not Big Boss." :1eye

• 7 months later...

Does Metal Gear still have endless cut scenes you can't skip? I watched my brother in law play one on the PS3 where you're in the jungle and have to take out a sniper. he was at for 50 minutes and died. I never asked to borrow the game after that.

Does Metal Gear still have endless cut scenes you can't skip? I watched my brother in law play one on the PS3 where you're in the jungle and have to take out a sniper. he was at for 50 minutes and died. I never asked to borrow the game after that.

There's only two cut scenes in the prologue game. The story is filled in by cassettes you have to pick up.

• 11 months later...

There have been a few games recently which have been hyped up and having lived up to their hype but I really hope that isn't the case with this. Then again I've not played a bad MGS game yet so I'm confident it will be great.

Tremendous; September 1st release date confirmed (my birthday ^_^ ).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-03-metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-release-date-revealed

Will be game of the year no doubt - probably also the best game ever. Far too excited.

Huge MGS fan dont get me wrong, but the whole ground zeroes paid for demo thing kinda spoiled this for me.

• 4 months later...

Where do I even begin in updating this thread? Christ; so much has came out about this in terms of gameplay. It just looks magnificent.

I'll start with the E3 trailer.

Now, the E3 gameplay demonstration

Finally the Alternate E3 gameplay demonstration (They tackle the same mission as the above video, but in a variety of different, and cool ways).

I'd suggest heading over to a YouTube channel called "YongYea", he has everything you need to know about the upcoming MGS game.

Archived