Metal Gear Solid V

Broken Algorithms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xw5t45tEPWQ

Just saw the trailer for this tonight. It looks like a massive 'jump the shark' in terms of the story, I guess thats been on the cards since the third. Hayter isn't doing Snakes voice. But even still, it looks fucking stunning. Massive fan of the series overall.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so so so moist for this.

Been following the whole Ground Zero/Phantom Pain saga since it started and watching the GDC conference and seeing the reveal was fucking epic.

Hideo Kojima can do no wrong in my eyes.

They have kiefer sutherland doing the voice for Big Boss though, which has pissed off a few people who love David Hayter as the voice of snake but they are two different people and it's for the sake of continuity.

From "FOX," Two Phantoms were Born.

Hideo Kojima has put out an explanation of some of the confusion generated from yesterday's presentation. As seen on @hideo_kojima_EN:

"Ground Zeroes" is a prologue of "MGSV". 9 years after that event will be "The Phantom Pain". MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game "TPP". The game play demo I presented today is the opening of "TPP" which is tutorial that starts from crawling.

Clears some confusion about the timeline of the game anyway.

• 2 months later...

Kiefer Sutherland is the new voice of Snake, which I'm quite happy about. A lot of David Hayter fans are not though..

Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Kiefer Sutherland is the new voice of Snake, which I'm quite happy about. A lot of David Hayter fans are not though..

Thoughts?

Not a massive MGS fan, but had a quick search to remind me what David Hayter sounded like as Snake, and came across many people speculating that it's just Kojima trolling the fans (Which he's known for) and this was backed up by Hayter's very tongue in cheek Twitter posts. Either way, I think Kiefer will be a sound addition to the game. Still prefer his dad though.

Not a massive MGS fan, but had a quick search to remind me what David Hayter sounded like as Snake, and came across many people speculating that it's just Kojima trolling the fans (Which he's known for) and this was backed up by Hayter's very tongue in cheek Twitter posts. Either way, I think Kiefer will be a sound addition to the game. Still prefer his dad though.

I think people are ignoring the fact that he has only been confirmed as the older snake in the phantom pain, not the prologue of ground zeros where snake will be younger. David Hayter always did young snake, but in MgS4, old Big boss was voiced by Richard Doyle.

I think there will be two voice actors, one for younger snake, and one for older snake.

This game's going to be a free-roaming one. Think it's the first time that'll have happened in a Metal Gear game?

This game's going to be a free-roaming one. Think it's the first time that'll have happened in a Metal Gear game?

Indeed. Plus there will be realtime weather also. :P

In fairness DH is an actor too. You never seen Guyver Dark Hero? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

You won't be able to die in this game seeing as though Jack Bauer is Snake. :lol:

Think they will include snake torturing someone? Screaming "where are they?" and the like :lol:

I'm gutted David Hayter has lost the part, he made snake such a cool character. MGS3 was a fucking masterpiece

Archived