Nightclub Bouncer Knockback Excuses

Hmm, I have never been a casual or linked with any such hooliganism. I just like Stone Island clothing. Never had any trouble in pubs or anything, or even pub-clubs for that matter, just nightclubs. Seems like the bouncers usually want to cause more hassle than there actually is.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a derby win at Tynecastle I got turned back by the bar staff at the brauhaus because my mate was too drunk, which was fair enough. I turned round and saw my mate being handed free celebratory Jaegermeisters by the manager who was way drunker than we were.

The bar staff's position was slightly compromised so I managed to get a beer for myself after all.

Hmm, I have never been a casual or linked with any such hooliganism. I just like Stone Island clothing. Never had any trouble in pubs or anything, or even pub-clubs for that matter, just nightclubs. Seems like the bouncers usually want to cause more hassle than there actually is.

I wasn't accusing any specific individuals, but the brand does have that reputation. I used to wear it myself back when I could afford to buy designer gear but then again I was something of a wannabe casual in those days, which is pretty embarrassing looking back. Oh well.

Im the same as you, I like Stone Island clothing and have been knocked back many times for wearing it but most times the bouncers have said to me if you take the badge off then you can go in or the best was in Edinburgh a few years ago when i was asked to remove the badge and then put the jacket straight in the cloak room? Never been knocked back with a CP jacket which is also related to SI and the casual scene. More on topic ive been knocked back a few times for being drunk when ive not had any and numerous "not tonight" on George St

The lack of bother when wearing CP is because they usually have no knowledge of the casual scene and the clothing associated with them. They assume all casuals wear Stone Island and JUST Stone Island which is rather amusing.

I prefer some of CP company's jackets to SI's.

I used to have an Aquascutum cardigan, absolutely lovely but it was a sure fire way to get a knock back at the door, so I used to wear a jacket over it, then put the coat in the cloakroom.

One of the guys I was out with in Bristol a couple of weeks ago was of the opinion that I wouldn't get into a particular pub because I was wearing a Lyle and Scott polo. Got in no bother, but if it gets to the stage I'm getting a KB for that I'm not going out anymore!

I've only actually had a few reasons actually given to me:

"Not tonight lads"

"Regulars only"

"Cant let you in with trainers on" when he had JUST let two wee guys who looked underage in with trainers on.

But most of the time its just:

"not the night mate"

"why?"

"Just not the night"

There's actually no point asking them why as they've decided they're not going to let you in, ive only actually ever talked a bouncer into letting me in to a club once and thats because it was my local club and I had been talking to the guy the week before, he hadnt recognised me at first.

I was trying to get into Bamboo one night and me and my mate were talking to the two birds in front of us and when we go to the front they got knocked back and me and my mate quickly said that it was the 4 of us as its usually easier for couples to get into clubs to which they said alright but then only let the lassies in! haha that one had me confused. They let them go down the stairs and when we went to go down they said that we weren't getting in.

Similar experience, was out in La Monde in George Street one night with 2 of my mates and started chatting up this bird who turned out to be from Aberdeen, hairdresser I am sure, looked very nice. One of my mates like the good wingman he is was started chatting up the one pal. Spent the next hour or so with them and decided we would go to Why Not so the 5 of us walk next door and stand in queue for 20 minutes get to the front, i walk through with my chick other mate walks through with his chick and my other mate (gooseberry) got the knock back, saying he was too drunk.

Decisions, decisions, now the groundwork was laid and I was confident of a ride coz I asked her if she shags on first date as a laugh and she said yes without any hint of irony. Told me hotel and room number as well but because of the kind of mate I am I said well if he`s not getting in then us 4 arent going in either and started walking away and the lassies I thought I was on a promise with said sorry lads we are going in. Needless to say we were not happy with other pal even though he was no drunker than any of us and have reminded him of it many times since.

On reflection I couldnt have been on as much of a promise as I thought and secondly we talked up Why Not far too much as being a great club. Wonder if they would have came with us if we said it was shite.

Only been knocked back twice from clubs - although I did get in eventually both times.

I went to the O2 one night, wearing a stone island jacket and they refused me entry incase "i start problems". Get a fucking grip, it's a jacket. Not everyone who wears them is a mindless thug. Took it off and walked back round with it in my hand. No problem whatsoever.

Second time was down in London. Knocking folk back because the club was full. Went back and spoke in an english accent about half an hour later. Got in.

I suppose it's just down to sheer luck.

My problem is that because I don't have a driver's licence, if one person gets ID'd then we all get ID'd which means we don't get in. Taking the passport out's the only other option but that's not a very clever option seeing as I'm on my last warning seeing as two have already gone missing.

Down in Manchester my mates and I ended up going to a club that resembled the Cathouse, somewhere near or inside the Gay Village. We don't dress like Cathouse frequenters, and we aren't gay. We just enjoy a good night out, no matter where it is.

We quite enjoyed our little adventure to Manchester's equivalent of the Cathouse, so playing it safe decided to head back the next evening.Turns out it reverts to a gay club for the majority of the week and the night we were there before was a once a week rock themed evening.

Walking up to the door the bouncer recognises us from the night before and states "not tonight lads, it's banger night! It's not your scene".

The only time I have ever been turned away from a club for being straight...

That happened to us at various places in Manchester as well. We went down for a weekend just after Christmas a few years back - night out then to Blackburn v Sunderland the next day. It was Sunday December 27, and all the pubs were shutting at 11 because they were dead. We were told that the only places open would be in Canal Street, the gay section. We got into a couple of pubs - but when we went to nightclubs we were roundly rejected, the best reason being "are you gay lads? you probably don't want to go in there. its pretty gay in there like."

Fair play. We ended up in a Japanese karaoke bar having a drunken scream fest, including a Japanese bloke, who could barely speak English, singing "You Raise Me Up" so badly that we collapsed in fits of laughter. Quality.

Bit of camouflage and concealment my man. Well, it's a lot better than swapping your nice trainers for a pair of tramps shoes, a la Inbetweeners. This will not work if you go out wearing white socks though ;)

I get the thinking, it's just so ridiculous. I can't imagine walking down the street and seeing someone taking their socks off so they could put them over their socks.

Only been rejected once and that was a club down in Birmingham which had a student night only on. Me being silly didn't have my Student card on me but I managed to talk him round saying that I wasn't from around here and would cause no trouble. Worked a treat.

I get the thinking, it's just so ridiculous. I can't imagine walking down the street and seeing someone taking their socks off so they could put them over their trainers.

You'd be correct in thinking that. However, desperate times call for, even more, desperate measures. Improvise, adapt and overcome.

That happened to us at various places in Manchester as well. We went down for a weekend just after Christmas a few years back - night out then to Blackburn v Sunderland the next day. It was Sunday December 27, and all the pubs were shutting at 11 because they were dead. We were told that the only places open would be in Canal Street, the gay section. We got into a couple of pubs - but when we went to nightclubs we were roundly rejected, the best reason being "are you gay lads? you probably don't want to go in there. its pretty gay in there like."

That bit made me :lol: . Just how gay do gay nightclubs get?

Bit of camouflage and concealment my man. Well, it's a lot better than swapping your nice trainers for a pair of tramps shoes, a la Inbetweeners. This will not work if you go out wearing white socks though ;)

For such a situation to occur, you must have been wearing black socks with white trainers.

I'm phoning the fashion police.

I've only actually had a few reasons actually given to me:

"Not tonight lads"

"Regulars only"

"Cant let you in with trainers on" when he had JUST let two wee guys who looked underage in with trainers on.

But most of the time its just:

"not the night mate"

"why?"

"Just not the night"

There's actually no point asking them why as they've decided they're not going to let you in, ive only actually ever talked a bouncer into letting me in to a club once and thats because it was my local club and I had been talking to the guy the week before, he hadnt recognised me at first.

I was trying to get into Bamboo one night and me and my mate were talking to the two birds in front of us and when we go to the front they got knocked back and me and my mate quickly said that it was the 4 of us as its usually easier for couples to get into clubs to which they said alright but then only let the lassies in! haha that one had me confused. They let them go down the stairs and when we went to go down they said that we weren't getting in.

That happened to me in the Garage when I was 18 :lol: . Me and my pal had chatted up these 2 girls in Driftwood and everything seemed to be going well. They told us we should go to the Garage with them so we thought "result".

Got to the door:

Bouncer: "How many of yous?"

Girl: "4 of us"

Bouncer: "Any ID girls?"

*Girls show ID and are waved through."

Bouncer: "Not tonight gentlemen."

Not sure if by "Not tonight" he was meaning going to the Garage, or getting my jam roll. In any case. Both were true.

You'd be correct in thinking that. However, desperate times call for, even more, desperate measures. Improvise, adapt and overcome.

That bit made me :lol: . Just how gay do gay nightclubs get?

It's surprisingly difficult to notice the difference between a normal club and a gay bar. I've only been in one gay bar, when I went to Glasgow for a lesbian friends birthday. And being drunk enough not to catch on to the fact the big rainbow flag outside signified anything I wandered in happily. Only when standing taking a piss in the toilets and noticing the guy next to me wasn't actually pissing but was probably sizing me up alerted my gaydar into action. Was a harsh night after that. One piece of good news is that "coming out" for the first time earns you a couple of free shots, sadly the nature of these shots cannot be defined

First (and last) gay bar I went into, the bouncer asked me "do you know what sort of bar this is lads?". Not having a clue what he was on about seeing as I never knew what it was, I just said "yes" and led everyone behind me in. I just thought it was another normal club I'd never been in and presumed the bouncer thought it was a bit rough round the edges for our studenty types.

That said, we went into a bar once and they didn't need a bouncer:

Barman: Are you students?

Mate: Aye

Barman: Get out and f*** off to your own pubs.

Fair do's.

There are only three reasons for a knock back.

1. You're melted

2. You look potentially more violent than the establishment is willing to entertain.

3. You look as though you will deter their regular clients from spending money there.

You forgot:

4. The bouncer is a c**t.

Archived