Battlefield 4

Mr Hahn

Don't know how you guys are finding the game right now but since yesterday's patch I'm finding it pretty frustrating.

I'm getting killed in once shot every time It's pure lag. The game was laggy before but for me now it's borderline unplayable. I can't peek a corner without getting killed in one shot yet I seem to able to empty half a magazine into someone and they don't die. I cannot be the only one experiencing this and if I wasn't a die hard Battlefield fan, if this was any other game, I'd probably have stopped playing and forgotten about it.

I want this game to be great so badly though but right now for me, it's pretty darn awful.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you on PC? I wasn't having that many problems until recently when my xbox would completely freeze during rounds of BF4, the only game that was doing it. It wasn't every game but enough to be really fucking annoying as I had to switch the whole thing off and on again. It seems to be okay now, had a good blast of it today.

I'm premium and haven't had one quick match on the china rising maps since I got it. Also, where is the air superiority mode? :huh:

I am. I actually feel bad for Dice, I don't think they'd release a game in this condition. It's EA constantly pressuring its developers into pushing games out far too early before they're even finished.

This game isn't even stable, it's about 2 months since release and people are still crashing.

I must be lucky as i've had no issues with it freezing during multiplayer (X360).

My biggest gripe is that everytime i go to play i get the "existing player profile data is damaged and can't be used" message. I have to go to Options menu everytime to turn off tutorials, and make the couple of tweaks to the settings i like to play with. Are you guys having the same issue - any idea how to fix this?

A fourth patch in such a short time frame from release is pretty embarrassing - i'm sticking with this in the hope it will come good and replace the void of BF3.

I read somewhere that EA are trying to turn Battlefield into an annual franchise (much like CoD with Infinity Ward and Treyarch), and that another studio (Visceral Games) would be handling the 2014 game. After this experience i think i'll hold off buying until reviews are in - i dived straight into purchasing this on the back of BF3.

The thought of BF becoming a yearly franchise is pretty sickening to me. 2 years obviously isn't enough for them to make a fully stable, functioning game so yearly?
The product of BF4 will eventually be a great game, I'm sure of it. Much like BF3. When it first came out, it was pretty rough and had numerous game breaking glitches but eventually became the best fps I've probably ever played. This shouldn't be the case though. We shouldn't have to play through 6 months of instability and lag before the game comes good and that's not Dice's fault imo, it's EA's.

Go into your hard drive storage, into battlefield 4 and delete your player profile. You will keep all your progress but it will create a new profile when you start the game again and should solve your issues.

Cheers, worked a treat!

2 years obviously isn't enough for them to make a fully stable, functioning game so yearly?

If it is alternative development studios then they would each have 2 years to work on a game. Still, I take the point that with DICE's experience of BF3, 2 years wasn't enough for BF4, so you worry about the 2 year period being suitable.

Visceral Games which is being touted as the second source of development done some work on the BF3 DLC, so they may have also been working on a 2014 BF for a while already.

We shouldn't have to play through 6 months of instability and lag before the game comes good and that's not Dice's fault imo, it's EA's.

Agreed - the biggest worry with annual releases is that by the time the bugs are fixed, and everything is stable people will be done with the game and looking to the next instalment in the series.

You would hope being hit in the pocket would make EA realise rushing games is disastrous to their reputation, profit, and share price. However, I suspect it will just mean they will force out some other game earlier to try recover damages.....

http://www.oxm.co.uk/68266/ea-hit-by-class-action-law-suit-over-bug-riddled-battlefield-4/

I've come up with a temporary time filler while the game is lagging like shit for me.

Attack boats. I knew they were powerful but had never actually tried using one.

These things are insane! And most importantly I can still do well with them because the lag doesn't really make a difference.

Considering getting this for Xbox 360 as I'm getting pretty fed up of GTA5 and really don't fancy ghosts. This will be my first foray back into the battlefield series since being a religious 1942 player, will I take to it being fresh to it, is it worth getting to grips with the mechanics of the game. Will it be worth getting?

You would hope being hit in the pocket would make EA realise rushing games is disastrous to their reputation, profit, and share price. However, I suspect it will just mean they will force out some other game earlier to try recover damages.....

http://www.oxm.co.uk/68266/ea-hit-by-class-action-law-suit-over-bug-riddled-battlefield-4/

Does it really hit them that hard though? Seems a bit ridiculous to be suing a publisher because the game they published was full of bugs - do they stand a chance of winning that? Even if they do, EA will have made an absolute fortune on the game, because its reputation will mean it gets a shedload of sales no matter what kind of turd is in the box.

I'd like to think that they would learn from this, but they'll see the sales figures and say f**k it, let's keep going.

Was considering holding off purchasing 4 until i eventually upgraded to an Xbox One but now started to entertain the idea. Had my first play in months of 3 other day and it's still very busy online.

Was considering holding off purchasing 4 until i eventually upgraded to an Xbox One but now started to entertain the idea. Had my first play in months of 3 other day and it's still very busy online.

You can pick it up from Shopto for under £28 with the China Rising DLC.

Does it really hit them that hard though? Seems a bit ridiculous to be suing a publisher because the game they published was full of bugs - do they stand a chance of winning that? Even if they do, EA will have made an absolute fortune on the game, because its reputation will mean it gets a shedload of sales no matter what kind of turd is in the box.

I'd like to think that they would learn from this, but they'll see the sales figures and say f**k it, let's keep going.

I would have thought their share price taking a battering on the back of the BF4 issues would be hitting them hard. The following link suggests otherwise as EA state the huge investment in correcting BF4 issues won't affect release dates for future titles: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wall-street-taking-notice-of-battlefield-4-issues-as-ea-stock-falls/1100-6416566/

I agree that the part of the lawsuit concerning the game having too many bugs/flaws isn't a particularly strong case, but i guess they are hoping to make a claim on the grounds of EA reporting false/misleading info on the status of the game to their shareholders.

Edit to add that BF4 sales are way down on BF3 sales after 6 weeks. Taking PC sales as the example:

BF4 sales after 6 weeks = 547,951

BF3 sales after 6 weeks = 1,237,799

You can pick it up from Shopto for under £28 with the China Rising DLC.

I would have thought their share price taking a battering on the back of the BF4 issues would be hitting them hard. The following link suggests otherwise as EA state the huge investment in correcting BF4 issues won't affect release dates for future titles: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wall-street-taking-notice-of-battlefield-4-issues-as-ea-stock-falls/1100-6416566/

I agree that the part of the lawsuit concerning the game having too many bugs/flaws isn't a particularly strong case, but i guess they are hoping to make a claim on the grounds of EA reporting false/misleading info on the status of the game to their shareholders.

Edit to add that BF4 sales are way down on BF3 sales after 6 weeks. Taking PC sales as the example:

BF4 sales after 6 weeks = 547,951

BF3 sales after 6 weeks = 1,237,799

Wow those sales figures are quite something.

Maybe next gen consoles have something to do with it. People holding off till they get one to play but still that's a huge gap.

I know the pre-orders were extremely high for BF3. Since then EA have brought out a host of bull shit full of bugs with Sim City being the main one.

That experience may have simply put a lot of PC players off pre-ordering EA games and I'd be a fool to say they've been proved wrong if that's the case.

I played it for about half an hour, and so far it's a enjoyable, but isn't wowing me. Haven't given it nearly enough time yet of course, but I always find it really hard to get into BF games on consoles. I played a Rush Map - not sure which one - that felt like being in a blender full of bullets and explosions. They've certainly nailed the atmosphere and chaos, but sometimes it's just a bit too chaotic. I'll persevere though - picked up a bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo, so hoping that the game gets a bit easier with that.

I got this for Christmas and played for a wee while on Christmas day' completing the first level, before heading out. I put it on again on boxing day and got a message saying the player profile had been damaged and couldn't be accessed, I looked online for a fix and all I could find were people saying you have to delete the profile save data, which also deletes your campaign progress and settings.

So I did that and restarted the campaign and completed the first few missions. I went on again last night to play online and everything was fine but I've just put the campaign disc on and I've got the same message. I've lost my campaign progress and I'm getting all the start up messages again, it's very annoying and I can't seem to find a proper solution online.

Has anyone else had this and did you find a proper fix? I'm on Xbox 360 BTW.

Edit: posting from phone, don't know why that's came out as one paragraph

I'm not aware of a fix as yet. I believe the issue for most people is moving between campaign and multiplayer. If you delete your player profile as before, restart the campaign and complete it before moving to multiplayer.

Not an ideal solution, but the best if you really want to complete the campaign.

Archived