North Korea ...again

I know it’s North Korea and they’re known for it, but why the big secrecy in what’s actually happened? Is he dead, is he alive? Twitter rumours are one thing but until it’s  actually on the mainstream news sites I’ll believe nothing 

38 North is a great follow on social media. They seem to be saying, “not so quick”, and have traced his train (!) to an exclusive resort.

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know it’s North Korea and they’re known for it, but why the big secrecy in what’s actually happened? Is he dead, is he alive? Twitter rumours are one thing but until it’s  actually on the mainstream news sites I’ll believe nothing 

The Soviet Union used to do it too when I was young- Breznhev, Andropov and Chernenko were three decrepit leaders in succession and no-one ever knew whether they were alive or dead. They made their US equivalent Ronnie Reagan look positively vigorous in comparison.

I think they eventually got fed up and gave the job to Gorby on the grounds that he was likely to last more than 6 months.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Soviet Union used to do it too when I was young- Breznhev, Andropov and Chernenko were three decrepit leaders in succession and no-one ever knew whether they were alive or dead. They made their US equivalent Ronnie Reagan look positively vigorous in comparison.

I think they eventually got fed up and gave the job to Gorby on the grounds that he was likely to last more than 6 months.

They all died within 18months of one another. Interesting fact: Gorbachev was the first, and only leader of the Soviet Union born after the Revolution.

I'm sure Reagan said "how am I supposed to negotiate with them if they keep dying on me?!"

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Andropov was considered the bright young thing at the time at only 68, cultivated an image as a jazz fiend.

Folk used to get away with all sorts at work that would get them the bullet these days.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

tmp_30437-north-korea-couple-kim-jong-un-ri-sol-ju-1993839023.jpg.0174e92f4c028418f1def5048404d62a.jpg

hmmmm - looks very much like the same desk/chair/binocular combo as in his earlier "launch watching" pic but viewed from a different angle - only someone's now nicked his table lamp

presumably they're both grinning as the thief is kicked to death just out of shot...

of more immediate concern - how short are his arms - can he even wipe his own arse ?

DJ3Pa5iVYAAv7JS?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

tmp_30437-north-korea-couple-kim-jong-un-ri-sol-ju-1993839023.jpg.0174e92f4c028418f1def5048404d62a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

hmmmm - looks very much like the same desk/chair/binocular combo as in his earlier "launch watching" pic but viewed from a different angle - only someone's now nicked his table lamp

presumably they're both grinning as the thief is kicked to death just out of shot...

of more immediate concern - how short are his arms - can he even wipe his own arse ?

DJ3Pa5iVYAAv7JS?format=jpg&name=small

That first photo looks suspiciously like Granny Danger's back yard.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

HOT PRESS! Latest reports indicate the Dear Leader has been on holiday at the seaside.

Presumably at a poverty ridden shanty town with a starving down trodden population without hope...

..so he's at Saltcoats then?