North Korea ...again

:lol:

The North Korean's really are like that annoying little brother who thinks he is tough enough to play with the big kids, even though he clearly isn't.

You're like that annoying poster that thinks he should post about world affairs when he shouldn't.

If you actually read the previous posts, you'll see I stated clearly it WASN'T going to happen. I was merely making reference to what another poster said, about the Russians not being an ally of the north. Can your superior intelligence process, that not so difficult information?

In that case, watch your turn of phrase.

You're like that annoying poster that thinks he should post about world affairs when he shouldn't.

Sorry, I must be missing all of your valuable insight here? I imagine quite a few people think my input here has been fair.

Bar my first post that is which has rumbled you for some reason and was clearly a joke. Get a grip. :lol:

Sorry, I must be missing all of your valuable insight here? I imagine quite a few people think my input here has been fair.

Bar my first post that is which has rumbled you for some reason and was clearly a joke. Get a grip. :lol:

Here's you two other quotes (I've missed out the first one as you said it was a joke). So just so we are clear, these two represent your "fair input". On reflection, given your scintillating and insightful analysis, I'm surprised you weren't a special adviser to George W Bush. In fact maybe you were.

It was clearly a joke. I am very much anti-war, but the North Korean's stance and sabre rattling is getting more and more silly almost by the day. If they attacked the United States, they would potentially be signing their own death warrant.

Ironically though, if a conflict did indeed occur, it would probably benefit North Korea in the long term as it would rid them of vermin like Kim Jong-un and its citizens would be free of his rule for good.

:lol:

The North Korean's really are like that annoying little brother who thinks he is tough enough to play with the big kids, even though he clearly isn't.

I don't know what you're getting at here. I never claimed to be an expert - or does everyone who has an opinion on something have to be qualified to do so these days? :unsure:

To be honest, this is probably just another bitter rant of yours, and I've had a few of them directed at me from you before. :lol:

I don't think I was clear enough when I said that the US would 'go to town' on N.Korea. I was not suggesting the use of nuclear weapons, I meant it in a conventional, Iraq-shock-and-awe-style affair, razing Pyongyang to the ground with Tomahawks and JDAMS etc.

I don't think I was clear enough when I said that the US would 'go to town' on N.Korea. I was not suggesting the use of nuclear weapons, I meant it in a conventional, Iraq-shock-and-awe-style affair, razing Pyongyang to the ground with Tomahawks and JDAMS etc.

Are you another fucking halfwit that thinks the US are the good guys? I hope an independent Scotland improves educational standards in this country; alternately has a cull of the genetically moronic.

Are you another fucking halfwit that thinks the US are the good guys? I hope an independent Scotland improves educational standards in this country; alternately has a cull of the genetically moronic.

Certainly compared to North Korea they are.

Ps no one will be invading North Korea

Are you another halfwit that thinks the US are the bad guys?

Are you another halfwit that thinks the US are the bad guys?

From interfering in democratically elected governments in South America in the 70's through to heading an illegal war in Iraq 10 years ago, I would suggest that US foreign policy certainly doesn't make them good guys.

So if you decided Hitler was a better guy than Pol Pot then that would make Hitler a 'good guy'?

Hitler and Pol Pot are in the same category of awful people. You surely aren't suggesting the US and North Korea are similarly comparable?

Hitler and Pol Pot are in the same category of awful people. You surely aren't suggesting the US and North Korea are similarly comparable?

See my previous post that was made 9 minutes before yours. Here's a question, how many foreign nationals have North Korea been responsible for the death of through military actions that many objective people would deem as questionable?

The US is a democracy with a number of serious flaws and in many ways a deplorable past and present foreign policy.

North Korea is a brutally repressive dictatorship.

I would say it's quite easy to pick the better option without painting the US as paragon of virtue.

The US is a democracy with a number of serious flaws and in many ways a deplorable past and present foreign policy.

North Korea is a brutally repressive dictatorship.

I would say it's quite easy to pick the better option without painting the US as paragon of virtue.

I notice you avoided answering the question.

I don't know the answer. I said their foreign policy was often deplorable, including civilian deaths.

I would however place a bet that if North Korea was a global superpower they would be even less palatable.

Stating America are 'better' than North Korea does not make you an American apologist. You don't even have to like them at all to hold the opinion.

Iran might

Not a fucking chance. Ahmadinejad's many things, a complete moron isn't one of them. There's no chance he's going to start a conventional war with Israel, never mind drop a nuke on Tel-Aviv. He'd be passing his own death sentence.

No state in the world is mental enough to use nuclear weapons. The only conceivable way they'll be used in the near future is if Pakistan loses control of theirs and they fall into the hands of complete mental cases, but this is extremely unlikely.

Not a fucking chance. Ahmadinejad's many things, a complete moron isn't one of them. There's no chance he's going to start a conventional war with Israel, never mind drop a nuke on Tel-Aviv. He'd be passing his own death sentence.

No state in the world is mental enough to use nuclear weapons. The only conceivable way they'll be used in the near future is if Pakistan loses control of theirs and they fall into the hands of complete mental cases, but this is extremely unlikely.

I would love to agree with this, but never underestimate the stupidity of religious fundamentalists.

Edit to add: one country has already used them of course.

Edited by Granny Danger