North Korea ...again

Bull-fucking-shit would the US "go to town" on North Korea. You don't go to town with a country bordered by China and Russia. I doubt any action would scare off Iran either.

If North Korea were a P&B poster, the phrase "^^^scrambling for relevance" would be used frequently towards them.

Some realism is needed by a few folk on this. The fact is that the US are extremely, hugely unlikely to ever again take significant military action against DPRK. Unless Pyongyang sends a rocket up the arse of the White House, which they can't and won't (won't being the significant part here), then they will simply carry on with the status quo. North Korea is a shambles and built up by too many folk to be something that it isn't.

It seems at times that DPRK is painted in certain media outlets and by some folk as being almost a supervillian, but the truth is that it's just a sad, poor country, brought to its knees by years of mismanagement and idiocy.

Edited by Sweet Pete

Wha?

The latest propaganda video to emerge from North Korea depicts paratroopers descending on Seoul in an invasion scenario that it said would see thousands of US citizens living in South Korea taken hostage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9947489/North-Korea-defeats-US-troops-in-new-video.html

The US will go to war with anyone who tries to hit any US soil, it really is that simple, any attack or attempted attack will be met with a knee jerk reaction and i dont think they would think twice about sending a few bombers to North Korea, maybe not nukes due to their neighbours however.

The thing that concernes me is how will the UK be dragged into this, if their BFF the US is going to war.

Where is all this "The US may or may not use nukes against DPRK" bullshit coming from? Let me say this now: no country is going to use nuclear weapons against any other country. Let's all stop taking stupid pills for 5 minutes.

Where is all this "The US may or may not use nukes against DPRK" bullshit coming from? Let me say this now: no country is going to use nuclear weapons against any other country. Let's all stop taking stupid pills for 5 minutes.

Iran might

Correct about the US not using them, however, they do possess the capability to flatten the north to the ground. Missiles launched from the land, sea and air could obliterate the place in no time whatsoever

ETA..This is a more likely scenario

Edited by MONKMAN

I am afraid its something that cannot be ruled out entirely though is it, i agree it is very unlikely and will take something horrible to happen for the US to use them, but lets be honest there are plenty of countries with a big red button and an itchy trigger finger

I am afraid its something that cannot be ruled out entirely though is it, i agree it is very unlikely and will take something horrible to happen for the US to use them, but lets be honest there are plenty of countries with a big red button and an itchy trigger finger

There's not a chance in hell, that the US would use nuclear weapons against North Korea. Have you any idea what kind of reaction that would lead to, from the Russians and Chinese

It can be ruled out. No country, not the US, not DPRK, not China, not Russia and not Iran, is going to launch any nuclear strikes at anyone else. This is not the Cuban Missile Crisis. This is the sabre-rattling of an impoverished and badly managed nation's government in order to encourage further aid from Seoul and Washington and nothing more. They do it in this manner purely because they've been at the "America is the great satan" patter for so long that they simply can't be seen to go begging to them, so they're making it look to their uneducated, starving masses like they're holding the world to ransom at the end of a big stick, when the reality is just about as far from that as possible.

There will be no war with the West and DPRK and people need to start realising that.

There's not a chance in hell, that the US would use nuclear weapons against North Korea. Have you any idea what kind of reaction that would lead to, from the Russians and Chinese

Russia isn't an ally of DPRK.

I didnt say they were. They're a neighbour, albeit sharing a small border. I don't envisage them being overly happy If nuclear weapons were getting used.

What planet do you live on where nuclear war is actually a realistic possibility between the US and DPRK? Will everyone just please shut up about nukes, the repeated stupidity of it is bringing the forum's collective IQ down.

What planet do you live on where nuclear war is actually a realistic possibility between the US and DPRK? Will everyone just please shut up about nukes, the repeated stupidity of it is bringing the forum's collective IQ down.

If you actually read the previous posts, you'll see I stated clearly it WASN'T going to happen. I was merely making reference to what another poster said, about the Russians not being an ally of the north. Can your superior intelligence process, that not so difficult information?