North Korea ...again

On 20/08/2020 at 23:35, tamthebam said:

I did notice the other week that they'd asked for aid due the Covid virus that they said they didn't have months back 

They'll have nobody to smuggle their coal, slave labour and missile/nuclear technology to.

On 20/08/2020 at 16:56, Theroadlesstravelled said:

We should leave NK alone. 
Did anyone ever consider that it's us that's messed up, and not them?

45-international-friendship-exhibition-gardens

At the end of WW2, Korea was split in two.  One was a puppet state of America and the other a puppet state of the Soviet Union.  At that time it was questionable whether it was better to be in one half or the other.  Both were police states.  In both you could get in trouble for saying the wrong thing.

Later there was the forgotten war.  Maybe it would have been better if one side won and the other side lost but in the end it was stalemate.

After that it was still uncertain which side was best.  Easy to say the South was better but it was still a police state and the North was heavily subsidised by the Soviet Union and China.

Then the Berlin Wall came down and the Soviet Union dissolved.  At the same dictatorship ended in the South and elections took place.  That changed everything.

South Korea is a threat to North Korea without doing anything apart from simply existing.  North Korea is a total shithole country that can't even feed its own people or give them any creature comforts without the incredibly serious risk that those in power will stop being those in power.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

If, and it’s a large If it’s true, then this could see a push for Korean unification from the north.

Really? I thought the word on the street that Kim’s sister is every bit as batshit as he is. 

Feck, I hope she doesn’t read P&B. 

23 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Really? I thought the word on the street that Kim’s sister is every bit as batshit as he is. 

Feck, I hope she doesn’t read P&B. 

They always use this picture where she looks she will punch your balls -

Kim Jong-un gives sister Yo-jong 'more responsibilities' - BBC News

This one is better and looks like she will make sure your seat back is upright and tray table correctly stowed -

Kim Yo-jong Photograph #2 | Kim Yo-jong | Know Your Meme