North Korea ...again

27 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Northern Japan residents told to take cover as a missile is launched over the country by North Korea....

Yeh was on the news. Fired over Hokkaido. Just warning people not to touch anything that looks like bits of a missile if they find it.

22 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

So what do P&Bs geopolitics experts make of the japanese?

Will they brush it off as high jinks

or will pyongyang be an ash pit by morning?

f**k all mate. The Japanese will look to the Americans as they are their Protectorate under the terms of surrender in WW2.

Usual high jinks from North Korea imo, which Japan is used to. Doubt if they could flatten Pyongyang or if they would want to give away their defensive capabilities by shooting down the missile. I know nothing though, perhaps Japan has a quiet military programme going, it would be surprising if they didn't, given the local threats.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Usual high jinks from North Korea imo, which Japan is used to. Doubt if they could flatten Pyongyang or if they would want to give away their defensive capabilities by shooting down the missile. I know nothing though, perhaps Japan has a quiet military programme going, it would be surprising if they didn't, given the local threats.

They are reactivating the 23rd squadron of Kamikaze veterans to exact revenge if it gets hairy.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Other than Sapporo, there's a sparse population in Hokkaido and the warnings in the vicinity went out early so the Japanese were tracking the missile. 

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

They are reactivating the 23rd squadron of Kamikaze veterans to exact revenge if it gets hairy.

Possibly. More likely since they have all the nuclear and rocket technology required that they'll have a serious response to any fucker trying to nuke them again, after the last time.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Possibly. More likely since they have all the nuclear and rocket technology required that they'll have a serious response to any fucker trying to nuke them again, after the last time.

Len Gives it Kaiten.

Image result for Len Goodman 10

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not too mention, few more sanctions. Kims dairy milk ought to do it.

I'm not sure what sanctions we've got left, we keep tightening them apparently. Think 'Big Donald' will have to open a new can of whoopass. I'd love to say I've got my popcorn at the ready but this could get messy. I do have an extra loaf of bread and pint of milk in though. Saying that, I'm so posh I don't know how much the pint of milk cost....