Rangers are off to England....again

So how the f**k would Scottish football improve as a league with considerably less money? That doesn't make sense whatsoever, the leagues would be even worse.

Knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This notion of some type of Euro/Scandinavian/Atlantic/whatever league, running midweek in tandem to normal domestic leagues, how do they fit in Champions' league/Europa league? Surely the OF wouldn't see it as a preferred option. to play the likes of Molde, Copenhagen, Antwerp etc and miss out on Barcelona, Juventus, Man Utd etc? Can't see how (unless we're talking about them being able to run 2x teams), this can possibly work.

Spot on. The Greatest Fans in the World (copyright CFC) have shown that they are not interested in watching non-A list Euro teams anyway. They wouldn't come out for games against Aarhus or whatever, and the A-listers wouldn't be interested in joining a league with them in it. The fans in Munich, Barca, Madrid might love the Tic fans with their drunken comedy japery and cheery folk songs, but would they turn up to see the football? I think not.

The Europa League is dying a death with English teams trying to get out of it, rather than qualify. The Chumpions League is the only show in town and anything else won't attract the big lads.

This pish Green's been spouting, regarding buying up an English club, I thought owning 2x clubs simultaneously was against rules. Anyone understand how he can make it happen?

1) He'd presumably, have all of the facilities of the English based club inc stadium, so do they play down there?

2) Let's say, for instance, it's in Rotherham, can the club be called Glasgow Rangers?

3) They'd be giving up any chance of Euro comp for at least 10yrs - acceptable to the fans? -

4) No guarantee both they and Celtic, would ascend through leagues at same time. Therefore, there could be a period of many years without competitive OF games. - Acceptable to fans? -

The only way I can see an OF move to England, being at all viable for them, would be if they got immediate access to at least Championship level. Now even Green seems to accept, that's not going to happen. :unsure2:

Scotland, even without the Old Firm, would proportionally be in the top 10 nations for attendances. Ahead of Spain, Germany, Italy and France.

How is this "the end"? We'd still be pumping nearly every other nation on earth.

:lol:

Have you per chance, missed out the words 'and' and 'the' from your 'My Team' on your profile? :lol:

Nope. I just don't think a title would mean much when the SPL champions couldn't even claim to be the best team in Scotland over the season. I would expect the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen to try and move to the English leagues too if it happens.

Why does everybody think that Celtic and rangers are definite Premier League material? :blink:

Given time (a lot of time!), both Glasgow teams would be at best promotion and relegation contenders every season. They would very good 1st Division teams.

Also, the prospect of no European football ever again should deter this stupid proposal once and for all. I think the only glory hunting they would be doing is in the FA/League Cups.

Celtic and rangers need Scottish football, because it's the only f**king thing they can win.

My opinion.

Probably get shat on by other Celtic fans for this. :(

But, maybe they should wake up to the real world.

Most realistic appraisal of the Sisters' prospects in England I've read for a while.

The Business Partners carved up our game for their advantage, hoping it would give them a springboard to European Success. Unfortunately for them, there just isn't enough money in Scotland, let alone Scottish Football, to make enough of an impact in the english leagues at anything higher than mid-table Championship level. Just look at where they go shopping to strengthen their squads. Never mind the robbing of other SPL teams' talent, Hooper came from Scunthorpe, ffs! That's the same club as Killie got Nelson from. And when they're up against decent opposition, the "marksman" looks every bit the League One journeyman.

Nope. I just don't think a title would mean much when the SPL champions couldn't even claim to be the best team in Scotland over the season. I would expect the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen to try and move to the English leagues too if it happens.

Being champion of a particular league, means you are the best team in that league, not necessarily best in country. Don't see the problem. As for the other teams, you think would seek to move also, I wouldn't want to see my team play league football anywhere other than Scotland and certainly not starting at the very bottom of the English system. FFS we'd never get out the conference, certainly nowhere near the EPL in my lifetime, so no thanks. IMO we are better shot of the two of them and no FKG 'colt team legacy', thanks very much. :angry:

Most realistic appraisal of the Sisters' prospects in England I've read for a while.

The Business Partners carved up our game for their advantage, hoping it would give them a springboard to European Success. Unfortunately for them, there just isn't enough money in Scotland, let alone Scottish Football, to make enough of an impact in the english leagues at anything higher than mid-table Championship level. Just look at where they go shopping to strengthen their squads. Never mind the robbing of other SPL teams' talent, Hooper came from Scunthorpe, ffs! That's the same club as Killie got Nelson from. And when they're up against decent opposition, the "marksman" looks every bit the League One journeyman.

As I said a few post back, there is also no guarantee, that they would progress through leagues together. Potentially, ending OF games. Actually.... how good does that sound.

Maybe it was pompey that offered green their membership. That would mean they have an fa cup and would instantly become the most successful club in the conference. Their fans would lap that shit up :lol:

This is awesome news! Sooner the better Chucky!

Gonny have a word with La Liga and see if you can get them to take the Hibs cos I'd love the aways days to Barca, Madrid, Malaga and the like. And don't be putting up with any of their nonsense, just tell them it's the law...

If Chucky were to succeed with his assertion on European law it will speed up the creation of a Yankee NFL superleague afair with yer Barca, Real, Bayern, Man U, Chelsea and the like who would take all the cash with them.... Sevco would be marooned in the remaining low-tier regional leagues with the rest of us.

This is awesome news! Sooner the better Chucky!

Gonny have a word with La Liga and see if you can get them to take the Hibs cos I'd love the aways days to Barca, Madrid, Malaga and the like. And don't be putting up with any of their nonsense, just tell them it's the law...

If Chucky were to succeed with his assertion on European law it will speed up the creation of a Yankee NFL superleague afair with yer Barca, Real, Bayern, Man U, Chelsea and the like who would take all the cash with them.... Sevco would be marooned in the remaining low-tier regional leagues with the rest of us.

You're spot on. There's really only 3x clubs in England capable of winning EPL. Only 2x clubs can win in Spain and it's pretty much the same in Germany and Italy. Sooner or later someone is gonna pull them all together and everyone else will be regional. Uefa will either evolve The Champions' League, or there'll be a break-a-way, but then, maybe the OF would be invited.. Hmmmm...

In terms of proportional attendance, yes. We are absolutely dominating them now, and still would be without both of the Old Firm.

That's extraordinary, it really confirms we are one of the, if not the, most passionate footballing nation on earth.

Our continued success is incredible.

Archived