Festivals

Mr Sugden

• 3 weeks later...

Boomtown was by a chunk my best festival of 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM5oKlJRTE0

Bit like Block 9 at Glasto but 3 times the size! Had archadia in full throttle and a few of the Block 9 bits

I've heard a few people talking about that. Must admit that it looked pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a leetle bit disappointed by the music this weekend tbh, definitely my least favourite line up of the six I've been to, but can't be spot on every time I guess. So pleased I ditched B&S to see Dino Jr though, probably my favourite thing of the weekend. That run of songs in the middle- Out There>Feel the Pain> Little Fury Things> Just like Heaven>Freak Scene... :wub:

Also enjoyed:

Juliana Barwick
Future Primitif
Jens Lekman
The Walkmen

Bestival this weekend. Cool to see M.I.A.'s playing the Thursday so there's something to catch on the first night. Looking forward to the stage times being announced though as there's some potential nightmare clashes particularly on the Saturday with Snoop, Simian, Erol Alkan, Daniel Avery and Hudson Mohawke potentially playing at the same time.

Just back from End of the Road - glorious weather and a really enjoyable festival. David Byrne & St Vincent was the best show I saw. Dawes the best band and honourable mentions to Allo Darlin', Mark Mulcahey, RM Hubbert, Frontier Ruckus and Palma Violets

Did you see this guy?

https://myspace.com/ichijapan/video/emerald-house-40-performed-in-a-public-sento-41-/107606211

Biggest disappointment was Eels for me, used to love them (2nd and 3rd albums were the nuts) but was so bored. That's last twice i've saw them they've been a letdown.

Bestival this weekend. Cool to see M.I.A.'s playing the Thursday so there's something to catch on the first night. Looking forward to the stage times being announced though as there's some potential nightmare clashes particularly on the Saturday with Snoop, Simian, Erol Alkan, Daniel Avery and Hudson Mohawke potentially playing at the same time.

We're heading down first thing tomorrow and camping on the Isle Of Wight for a night. Really cannot wait! Hope you have a good one.

Did you see this guy?

https://myspace.com/ichijapan/video/emerald-house-40-performed-in-a-public-sento-41-/107606211

Biggest disappointment was Eels for me, used to love them (2nd and 3rd albums were the nuts) but was so bored. That's last twice i've saw them they've been a letdown.

I didn' t - not sure I could have coped with that! Totally agree about Eels - so many good songs but the last 2 times I've seen them they've been crap. Only caught firstfew Walkmen numbers - good but painfully loud for an old geezer like me. John Murry was shambolic - I love him but am genuinely fearful for him. B&S were a good way to end the festival, sending folk away happy - that stage wasn't there the last time I was at EotR so its growing bigger - was that your 6th EotR or 6th festival?

Edited by addicksion