Festivals

Mr Sugden

I wasn’t just referring to you in my post Christophe, the only parts specific to you were :

1 - You are a man child who is obsessed with red dots

2 -Saying that your 99% sure you won’t like an artist based on their fan base is a ludicrous attitude to have.

The rest wasn’t even specific to this forum, just an observation that despite there being more choice than ever what music we listen to and how we do it, people still seem to obsess about showing off about what music they don’t like.

No radio used to be true, but he's gotten bigger off the back of a fair bit of radio play. And I just don't buy that he's not had label help by this point either.

Which is probably why he doesn't really say all of that stuff much anymore. He kind of alludes to being self made on stage, which to a point he definitely is. But he's not where he is now off his own back. No fucking chance.

Guest Moomintroll
I wasn’t just referring to you in my post Christophe, the only parts specific to you were :

Saying that your 99% sure you won’t like an artist based on their fan base is a ludicrous attitude to have.

The rest wasn’t even specific to this forum, just an observation that despite there being more choice than ever what music we listen to and how we do it, people still seem to obsess about showing off about what music they don’t like.

Throbbs, you might want to edit point 1 there, that is a bit too far.

Guest Moomintroll

No self-promotion? Posting on Facebook is self-promotion so you’ve contradicted yourself there. This whole “no promotion, no radio, no label” shtick is utter bullshit, and is just another thing to get his target audience further onside. The Courteeners have arguably done it for their whole careers.

I tend to find Gerry Cinnamon’s fans to be as off-putting as his music. Calling someone autistic for queuing albums on release day (which I also do, for the record) proves that point further. If you find clicking the same YouTube link of Belter for the 285th time while you chug away like f**k because he’s “just a normal guy” to be just as satisfying, then so be it.
There isn't really much wrong with his songs, they are fairly bland inoffensive acoustic efforts but his persona, like The Courteneers, attracts the absolute dregs of society. Angry lairy lads & neds who just want to get full of it & fight everything that moves.

Gerry Cinnamon is just the latest in a line of "Glesga's ain" artistes who capture media attention for a while. He's shite, as were Scheme, Slik, Gun, Glasvegas. Etc etc. There's plenty of good bands have come from the area, but if they're getting significant coverage on MSM you can usually discern they will be rubbish, beyond whichever lucky hit they had.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I saw GC at TRNSMT last year. Thought he was pretty shite, but it was impressive seeing how captivated the audience were by him. I'll admit it was a cracking atmosphere, no matter how I feel about his music.

Oh dear, Throbber has mulfunctioned.
Wasn’t too difficult to get you to go red dot mental about three posts after you claimed people who do so are “man-child’s” was it Throbs!
What a treasure! 

Was just a bit of banter.

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

I just said you were clearly autistic.

I got a warning for saying that using autistic or aspergers and the like as an insult was no better than calling someone a windowlicker, which is banned. Wonder if I'll get another warning.

Throbber...please stop, you don’t have to trawl my posts to give me 9 greens back to balance your reds...I really don’t mind you behaving like a child once in a while.

Edited by Christophe

Throbber...please stop, you don’t have to trawl my posts to give me 9 greens back to balance your reds...I really don’t mind you behaving like a child once in a while.

I don’t want to go too mad on the reds, I don’t know what your capable of.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I don’t want to go too mad on the reds, I don’t know what your capable of.

You’re really not worthwhile, be like taking the specky kid’s money at lunch time. A tad too obvious. 

Watching Trnsmt and looking at the age demographic of the crowd took me back to when my own children went to T in The Parkas part of their teenage rite of passage. I headed up on the saturday morning with my car loaded with sausage and bacon rolls, crisps, pies and an emergency case(s) of beer.  I remember the sight of my son and his 2 mates like zombies coming down the hill to the car park for their supplies.  Jeeeez 😮

As my son says, "happy days".