Festivals

Mr Sugden

Just set myself up for Kelburn Garden Party in 2 weeks. Cheap, close and anything goes.

The way the line up looks I can get a booze and smoke on during the day getting reggae'd out ma nut before spending all night flying to dance music. I love festivals that are done properly, 'enjoy yourself, do what the f**k you want, treat the place with respect, take care of each other'.

Sorry, missed this. Who else did you see?

On the Saturday we managed to see Daniel Johnston in the seated auditorium within the festival. I was a bit tense about seeing him as I thought he could be an erratic mess but he played a great set and was quite funny. He introduced his second song with the line 'Abraham Lincoln once walked 5 miles to return a nickel to a whore.'. Saw The Breeders performing Last Splash. This didn't really work in an outdoor environment as it was windy and the sound got somewhat lost. After that was The Jesus & Mary Chain who started slowly but Jim Reid got more into it as they went on. My wife wanted to see some of Blur's set. They pulled in a huge crowd and were impressive headliners. I can't really be doing with them though. We then caught Titus Andronicus (bit of a shambles) at 3.30 am and King Tuff at 4.30 am - brilliant fun!

Knackered on the Sunday - we saw King Tuff again in a park across town. Back to the festival we saw Mac DeMarco who was a personal highlight. The guy has got a huge amount of charisma and some great tunes. Thee Oh Sees were incredibly tight, good set. Last I had the choice of Meat Puppets or Camera Obscura and went with the latter. They were decent.

Knockengorroch, Glastonbury, Alchemy, Boomtown. Possibly Bangface Weekender, Womad and perhaps Shambala. Will have to see how the year pans out. 

I went to knockengorroch a couple of years ago, fookin mental place. Not my thing musically but was there for pals stag do, mind boggling.

Only going to Loveland this summer, can't wait, luckily it's on the same weekend Celtic decided they didn't want to okay St Mirren.

Can anyone who's been before recommend the best way to get to Leeds festival from Glasgow? Toying with the train or possibly driving.

Drive, lugging camping gear and booze on any public transport to a music festival is a pain in the arse and you end up taking half the things you would have taken.

Did it once to Kendal Calling, never again - probably cost me twice as much as I had to buy more at the fest.

Can anyone who's been before recommend the best way to get to Leeds festival from Glasgow? Toying with the train or possibly driving.

I used to always get the train, make sure you have seats booked on the Carlisle-Leeds portion as its a small train and always rammed, if you can't book seats I'd go down the East Coast via York instead. Queue for the buses from the station to festival were never too bad although I've not been for years.

Aye, crackin venue, not excited by lineup, but there's always something good that you haven't seen before. Really nice vibe to it though!

Should be getting there late afternoon on the thursday. I'll shout you a cupful of neat value vodka if you're hanging around the Tipi tent on thursday night!

Bestival day splits are coming next week so hopefully will begin to be able to work out who we'll be able to go see. Anyone that's went (Bert Raccoon) know how the DJ line up works in relation to the live music line up. Do they both play at the same time or will The Port be open all night with the acts playing well in to the night?

Just set myself up for Kelburn Garden Party in 2 weeks. Cheap, close and anything goes.

The way the line up looks I can get a booze and smoke on during the day getting reggae'd out ma nut before spending all night flying to dance music. I love festivals that are done properly, 'enjoy yourself, do what the f**k you want, treat the place with respect, take care of each other'.

I was at this a couple of years ago. Heading back this year, Great wee festival.

Bestival day splits are coming next week so hopefully will begin to be able to work out who we'll be able to go see. Anyone that's went (Bert Raccoon) know how the DJ line up works in relation to the live music line up. Do they both play at the same time or will The Port be open all night with the acts playing well in to the night?

I think the main acts finish at about twelve, the second stage headliners finish about one and the dance stage about two or three. Don't know how it will all set up this year with The Port being a new addition. I do think some stages stay open pretty late but I really can't remember.

Should be getting there late afternoon on the thursday. I'll shout you a cupful of neat value vodka if you're hanging around the Tipi tent on thursday night!

Thanks for the offer, a cup of vodka would leave me unconscious for the weekend! We're not getting there until Friday afternoon, so hope I don't miss John Murry.

I think the main acts finish at about twelve, the second stage headliners finish about one and the dance stage about two or three. Don't know how it will all set up this year with The Port being a new addition. I do think some stages stay open pretty late but I really can't remember.

Think I read something about The Port being an all-nighter but even till around 3AM's better than the Scottish festivals (out with the Arcadia) closing before midnight.

Is anyone going to one of the last ATPs? Thinking about it. Bet they bring them back in a couple of years though anyway.

Just seen this after my topic. Yes I will be at End of an Era Pt2

Thanks for the offer, a cup of vodka would leave me unconscious for the weekend! We're not getting there until Friday afternoon, so hope I don't miss John Murry.

Seen John Murry is on the sunday after the release of the day schedule, so you're ok on that score.

Seen John Murry is on the sunday after the release of the day schedule, so you're ok on that score.

Aye, looks like most of what I want to see will be clashing on Sunday evening!!

Went to Green Man a couple of years ago - it was really good (but apparently we were lucky with hardly any rain - very unusual). Bigger than EotR, but still a very laid back atmosphere, and line-up looks good this year. We went Bristol (air) -> Cardiff (train) -> Abergavenny (train) with hardly any delay with connections (but luck to get on final train which was mobbed). You could train it all the way via Manchester Picadilly. I'd certainly recommend Green Man to anyone