Festivals

Mr Sugden

Who's doing a Festival this year? Any recommendations for further afield?

Taking the kids to Wickerman but giving T and Rockness a miss this year. Did Kendal last year which was really good value.

Edited by Mr Sugden

taking kids to belladrum

Will probably end up going to this again as it's the local one. Have tickets for Brew at the Bog too, but that's mainly for the beer.

Also going back to Primavera Sound in Barcelona for the 4th time in 5 years. It's pretty perfect in terms of bands, location and weather, although the beer is pish.

Edited by RayBees

Was considering Primavera as the lineup is genuinely incredible but it clashes with exams for most of my mates so it's a no-go anymore. Doing Bestival and Parklife this year instead. Bestival has imo the best lineup going this year and it's a chance to see a lot of acts I wouldn't normally get to see like Belle & Sebastian, The Flaming Lips, MIA, Wu Tang Clan and more plus the DJ lineup's good enough to fill any gaps in the band schedule. Everything I've heard about Bestival has been positive as well which is unusual for a major festival so it's worth a go. Parklife's a small festival at Heaton Park in the middle of June that has a few of my favourite acts like The Horrors, Toy, Boys Noize, Erol Alkan etc and for only £70 a ticket it's well worth the price considering there's about 15-20 bands that I want to see.

Definitely going to SW4 in London in August, looking very likely that'll we'll be going to Hard Rock Calling down there at the end of June too.

Will no doubt be making the annual trip to Rockness as well, even if the line-up is fairly gash. I bloody love music festivals.

Definitely going to SW4 in London in August, looking very likely that'll we'll be going to Hard Rock Calling down there at the end of June too.

Will no doubt be making the annual trip to Rockness as well, even if the line-up is fairly gash. I bloody love music festivals.

I can't recommend Rockness to people enough. The atmosphere is amazing, so friendly and relaxed compared to T. The Goldenvoice Arena alone is worth the ticket price.

I can't recommend Rockness to people enough. The atmosphere is amazing, so friendly and relaxed compared to T. The Goldenvoice Arena alone is worth the ticket price.

I've been every year since it started, it's an excellent festival, definitely my favourite, there's nothing been announced music wise that I'm particularly excited about as I've seen the majority of the acts before, but the fun in the campsite and the host of things to do will more than make up for it. Although to be honest, as long as I get to see the Cuban Brothers I'll be happy :thumsup2

• 3 weeks later...

Outside Lands lineup announced, and let's just say I'm a very happy chappy. Tallest Man On Earth, The National, Dawes, Band of Horses, The Men, Youth Lagoon, Surfer Blood, Willie Nelson... it's very hipster, but I'm a very hipster man.

041613.png

Edited by Savage Henry

Hit the Deck in Nottingham this weekend. Slam Dunk in Hatfield next month, always a couple of fun weekends.

Company I work for are travel partners for Tomorrowland, Ultra Europe, Exit, Sziget, Balaton & Soundwave so will probably find myself at one of those for some sunshine...preferably Ultra.

That San Fran one looks pretty cool. The American line ups always look really cool especially Pitchfork Fest (oh piss off). Still looking for another little festival to go alongside Bestival this year. Was considering Parklife but struggling to get people interested and tickets look set to sell out this month so might have to consider somewhere else. Lovebox in London looks a lot of fun so may consider that and for £110 it seems good value for money.

Roskilde has been given a lineup. Not a bad lineup by any means either.

http://roskilde-festival.dk/music/bands/

Kraftwerk, The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Rihanna, Sigur Ros, Slipknot and Volbeat appear to be the main bands.

There are several of the headliners that I'd like to see, but that lineup's all over the place. Pretty eclectic; you have to think though that a lot of people will just camp down in front of one particular stage for most of the festival. Can't imagine there's too much of a cross over between Rhianna and Queens of the Stone Age or Sigur Ros. Incidentally, there's a band called Pissed Jeans. I wonder if that's where McKee's got to these days?

Edited by Savage Henry