Festivals

Mr Sugden

jamama, with regards to point 1 I was referring to Geoff Ellis whos is the owner of DF Concerts who were the perfectly good custodians of TITP before he got greedy & sold out to Live Nation (aka Ticketmaster, StubHub etc) which meant that he had to get his financial cut as well as them which resulted in the death spiral of that Festival.
With regards to point 2, I was happily singing along to Richard Ashcroft alongside a lot of younger fans of his at the Neighbourhood Weekender in Warrington,
I realise that you have misinterpreted what I posted & we share the same musical tastes, my post had nothing to do with Richard Ashcroft who, frankly would have been the only reason I would have even contemplated turning up at TRNSMT, the last time I cried was singing along to The Drugs don't Work at The Neighbourhood Weekender, he was fucking brilliant that night.

Aw man, sorry :lol: I definitely got the wrong end of the stick.

Also agree with you on Ellis being a greedy fool [emoji106]

It’s pretty obvious that genuine #boxoffice acts are thin on the ground at the moment, but Ellis has once again foolishly chased the money by committing to a three day event stacked with dung or local interest dross like Gerry Cinammon. It’s not a camping festival so unlike most of their competitors there’s no reason why they couldn’t run a two or even one day event with a (relatively) stronger lineup in lean years like this one, then expand again if they can book the acts to justify it.

On 16/07/2019 at 17:11, virginton said:

It’s pretty obvious that genuine #boxoffice acts are thin on the ground at the moment, but Ellis has once again foolishly chased the money by committing to a three day event stacked with dung or local interest dross like Gerry Cinammon. It’s not a camping festival so unlike most of their competitors there’s no reason why they couldn’t run a two or even one day event with a (relatively) stronger lineup in lean years like this one, then expand again if they can book the acts to justify it.

They make their money selling shite lager and cider for 6 quid a pint. So they will obviously do as many days as possible. 

Said thunderstorms didn't last long but it was still a fairly shite weekend weather/mud wise. Great weekend entertainment wise though. Highlights were Gerry Cinnamon, Chic and Nile Rodgers, Only the Poets, IDLES, Courteeners, Don Broco, Orbital, The Pigeon Detectives, Arkells and Miles Kane. The Joy Formidable and Tom Jones were notable disappointments. Not sure why I expected The Fratellis to be anything other than total horseshit. The Snuts were fun, as were The Lancashire Hotpots, Gomez, Manic Street Preachers, The Subways and Rival Sons.

Away from the live music, seen some fun comedy from Paul Smith, Matt Reed and Chris Betts. There was an odd act called Oh My God! It's the Church! which was cheesy as f**k but very entertaining. Was also involved in an hour long rivalry with a wasp during Rival Sons.

Great weekend.

Itison are selling tickets for Playground festival at Rouken Glen Park this weekend for £39 a day. Bought a ticket for the Saturday which is headlined by Lauryn Hill (who im not too arsed about) but De La Soul, Anna Calvi, Craig Charles and DJ Format are very much worth that price.

Guest Moomintroll
Going to creamfields. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m looking forward to it. Feel like a teenager all over again.
To be fair, from being onsite before it actually starts Creamfields looks like a well set up Festival with plenty of stages/tents & a good food area. Do like 90s Trance & Old Skool but think I would last about 3 hours before bugging out.

• 4 weeks later...

Another tremendous End of the Road last weekend. Oustanding sets from Stella Donnelly, Parquet Courts, Kikagaku Moyo, Pom Poko; very good ones from Pottery, Wand, Bodega, Mitski, Kero Kero Bonito, Lewsberg, BC Camplight among others. Still my favourite weekend of the year.