Festivals

Mr Sugden

Lewis Capaldi's set was incredible tonight. Went back and listened to the studio stuff there and still hate it. 

Loved Ezra. Really tight live band which elevates it.

Was weird to see such a young crowd go nuts for The Kooks. 

Immensly enjoyed it.

I think I’m officially an auld basturt and aw new musics pish. Literally everything at TRNSMT is fucking awful. Haven’t even heard anything I don’t mind or am tolerant of. Sweep it all into the Clyde.

Totally agree seen some of this today and what a lot of shite. Did anyone at this festival not watch it through a fucking phone screen.

9 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Totally agree seen some of this today and what a lot of shite. Did anyone at this festival not watch it through a fucking phone screen.

I didn't and most folk around me didn't either. Highlights didn't show many folk doing it either. Of all the things to have a go at, you seem to have gone for the one thing that didn't happen. 

Was at my fifth 2000 Trees festival at the weekend and it was as always, absolutely incredible. I genuinely can't see me ever enjoying a festival in the UK more. Tickets have already been purchased for next year.

Was at my fifth 2000 Trees festival at the weekend and it was as always, absolutely incredible. I genuinely can't see me ever enjoying a festival in the UK more. Tickets have already been purchased for next year.

It’s certainly a festival I’ve considered, how easy is travel?

It’s certainly a festival I’ve considered, how easy is travel?
Would definitely recommend getting down to it if you can. I got a train from Edinburgh to Warrington then picked up from there by a mate who was going past. They run regular shuttles to and from Cheltenham Spa station on the Thursday and Sunday and introduced coaches from London as well this year so if you can get to either of them it's a breeze. Driving down from Fife you're looking at about six hours which would be a pain on the Sunday.

I think that’s absolutely shite that there’s no highlights of Ashcroft who was clearly one of the better artists of the entire weekend. Disappointed about that.

Just saw a video there of folk singing rangers songs and 1 v 1 fist fight surrounded by cheering yobs. Just goes to show that Geoff was right to end TITP. Absolute scum.

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I think that’s absolutely shite that there’s no highlights of Ashcroft who was clearly one of the better artists of the entire weekend. Disappointed about that.

Just saw a video there of folk singing rangers songs and 1 v 1 fist fight surrounded by cheering yobs. Just goes to show that Geoff was right to end TITP. Absolute scum.

Ashcroft doesn't let anyone film him. Screens are even blanked.

Guest Moomintroll
13 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

The baldy Manc w**k was the issue by marketing TITP to appeal to the neds, was perfectly fine for years before that shite started, TRNSMT is the logical extension of it.

The baldy Manc w**k was the issue by marketing TITP to appeal to the neds, was perfectly fine for years before that shite started, TRNSMT is the logical extension of it.

1. Ashcroft’s not bald

2. Ashcroft is more likely to appeal to an older generation of fans rather than the young neds - as confirmed by my missus who went to TRNSMT for the sole reason of seeing Ashcroft and said there was more older fans there.

So you’re wrong.

Guest Moomintroll
13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

1. Ashcroft’s not bald

2. Ashcroft is more likely to appeal to an older generation of fans rather than the young neds - as confirmed by my missus who went to TRNSMT for the sole reason of seeing Ashcroft and said there was more older fans there.

So you’re wrong.

jamama, with regards to point 1 I was referring to Geoff Ellis whos is the owner of DF Concerts who were the perfectly good custodians of TITP before he got greedy & sold out to Live Nation (aka Ticketmaster, StubHub etc) which meant that he had to get his financial cut as well as them which resulted in the death spiral of that Festival.

With regards to point 2, I was happily singing along to Richard Ashcroft alongside a lot of younger fans of his at the Neighbourhood Weekender in Warrington,

I realise that you have misinterpreted what I posted & we share the same musical tastes, my post had nothing to do with Richard Ashcroft who, frankly would have been the only reason I would have even contemplated turning up at TRNSMT, the last time I cried was singing along to The Drugs don't Work at The Neighbourhood Weekender, he was fucking brilliant that night.