Festivals

Mr Sugden

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was only ever at two gigs in The City Halls, The Cure and The Slits. I remember seeing Altered Images and Josef K, but can't remember which way round they were.

I paid £2.00 for The Police at the Apollo.

Wow, not bad value for money either way.

On 30/06/2019 at 18:48, J_Stewart said:

Jeff Goldblum’s set looked like great fun. A group of excellent musicians fronted by a man with an entire planet’s worth of charisma. What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon that’d be.

It was a good vibe he was pretty chatty and the cider bar in that field sells cider over 6.8%

Watching bits and bobs on the iPlayer. Jeff Goldblum’s act got tiring after two tunes. I’m just never going to get jazz, I think. Why do Fontaines DC play their three worst songs to open the set? Mavis Staples has still got it. For such a big festival, it’s a very thin year.

Was thinking, see TRNSMT. Hilarious that Police, council etc allow it because it is a music festival. It would never be allowed if it was just called the "MWI Festival" and the speakers just played GBX. That would shift tickets quicker and you wouldn't need any of the Emperors new clothes type nonsense of Stormzy and the like. Nobody gives a shit about the music, it's just about getting MWI and the wee girls having an excuse to show some flesh.

Edited by ForzaDundee

Was thinking, see TRNSMT. Hilarious that Police, council etc allow it because it is a music festival. It would never be allowed if it was just called the "MWI Festival" and the speakers just played GBX. That would shift tickets quicker and you wouldn't need any of the Emperors new clothes type nonsense of Stormzy and the like. Nobody gives a shit about the music, it's just about getting MWI and the wee girls having an excuse to show some flesh.

The police wouldn’t give a f**k if it was called MWI, they are absolutely delighted to collect a large number of bams in the same area, makes them far easier to police.

P.s I think I have a new business plan.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The police wouldn’t give a f**k if it was called MWI, they are absolutely delighted to collect a large number of bams in the same area, makes them far easier to police.

P.s I think I have a new business plan.

Funny how the police dont feel the same about a football crowd

Just now, This time Perthshirebell said:

Every songs has the same components.   The quick direct lyrics, and few strums on the guitar and then that electronic foot drum.    

Hope over Fear's easily his best piece of work.   

Nothing  wrong with that though.

I don't usually get the cringe with Scottish stuff but Gerry Cinnamon certainly brings it out in me. Toe-curling. 

He’s bloody awful. Flat cap and Adidas and open mic standard rubbish.

Also, his name is Gerry Cinnamon.

Edit: I’m not Welsh, but I got some serious Welsh cringe watching a guy called Westerman at SxSW. Shudderingly bad.

12 hours ago, Darren said:

I don't usually get the cringe with Scottish stuff but Gerry Cinnamon certainly brings it out in me. Toe-curling. 

From watching him he's not "overly" Scottish so how does that happen? 

I can get people not liking him, because it's music and it's pretty subjective, I for example would have Download festival as one of the worst, people seem to enjoy it though. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

From watching him he's not "overly" Scottish so how does that happen? 

I can get people not liking him, because it's music and it's pretty subjective, I for example would have Download festival as one of the worst, people seem to enjoy it though. 

Gerry Cinnamon being fucking diabolical is objective truth though.