Festivals

Mr Sugden

12 hours ago, throbber said:

Aye you’re right enough, not sure how well his bulletproof Union Jack vest would go down in Glasgow either!

Bullet/stabproof vest with a union jack on it isn't a statement in support of Britain or the union.

Just now, Snifter Pee Rot said:

It really is bizarre to me. Emperors new clothes stuff on the BBC, 'he tore up the stage' they wheezed. 

He could have got up on the stage, shat in his hands and then started clapping. BBC would still be all over it, calling it "iconic" and the "best ever".

I thought Stormzy was brilliant and is exactly the kind of act that should be headlining festivals now. The gammons hate him because he's unashamedly young, black and political, but that's what makes him so hugely popular and relevant.

The other stuff I've seen, Chemical Brothers were amazing, Wu Tang were alright, Liam Gallagher was laughably awful and really needs to give it up. It's just embarrassing now.

11 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

It really is bizarre to me. Emperors new clothes stuff on the BBC, 'he tore up the stage' they wheezed. 

When was the last time the BBC didn't rave about a headliner? And the chances of them slagging off a black British rapper headlining for the first time were always going to be non existent. 

I thought Stormzy was brilliant and is exactly the kind of act that should be headlining festivals now. The gammons hate him because he's unashamedly young, black and political, but that's what makes him so hugely popular and relevant.
The other stuff I've seen, Chemical Brothers were amazing, Wu Tang were alright, Liam Gallagher was laughably awful and really needs to give it up. It's just embarrassing now.
I thought he was pretty good as well, and I'm definitely not his target audience.

I thought I only knew two of his songs but actually know four. Liked his wee shout out to other artists as well.

11 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Stormzy just doesn't belong at Glastonbury and neither does Janet bleedin Jackson.  I'm not a huge Liam G fan but that is what it should be about.  Effin Kylie Minogue is not a legend either. 

She's more of a legend than Liam Gallagher to be fair (tbf).

12 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Stormzy just doesn't belong at Glastonbury and neither does Janet bleedin Jackson.  I'm not a huge Liam G fan but that is what it should be about.  Effin Kylie Minogue is not a legend either. 

Why?

15 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Glastonbury is “about” soulless Definitely Maybe karaoke?? No.

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

If you're a fan of grime rap, or whatever it's called, then obviously he does.  I grew up at festivals like Reading where an act like that would have been bombed with plastic bottles filled with pish.

Yeah well thank f**k your lot are too old for this shit now then, settle down grandad

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

If you're a fan of grime rap, or whatever it's called, then obviously he does.  I grew up at festivals like Reading where an act like that would have been bombed with plastic bottles filled with pish.

You've completely ignored the question. Why doesn't he belong at Glastonbury?