Festivals

Mr Sugden

Its not normally my type of music but I thought Stormzy’s set was brilliant last night. 

Biggest compliment I can pay him is that I remember watching Kanye West’s set at Glastonbury and got a bit bored of it halfway through but I was glued to Stormzys set throughout.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

What’s going to be hilarious about it?

I can't imagine there being a large crossover between fans of his and fans of Gerry Cinnamon who's playing before him.

I enjoyed the five minutes or so I saw of him but it's music that seems really out of place with everything else on the bill at TRNSMT.

I can't imagine there being a large crossover between fans of his and fans of Gerry Cinnamon who's playing before him.
I enjoyed the five minutes or so I saw of him but it's music that seems really out of place with everything else on the bill at TRNSMT.

Aye you’re right enough, not sure how well his bulletproof Union Jack vest would go down in Glasgow either!

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Aye you’re right enough, not sure how well his bulletproof Union Jack vest would go down in Glasgow either!

He will 1 million percent have a Saltire one. 

Whether or not he does the rapper in a kilt move is less certain.

I’d imagine the Stormzy/Gerry Cinnamon crossover would be bigger than you’d think. I think they’re both just dreadful, but that’s not why.

Anyway, back to Glasto. Thoroughly enjoying seeing Goat Girl. It was clear from seeing them on tiny stages in front of 25 folk a couple of years ago that they’d be heading for this.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Thoroughly enjoying seeing Goat Girl. It was clear from seeing them on tiny stages in front of 25 folk a couple of years ago that they’d be heading for this.

I found them distinctly underwhelming at End of the Road two years ago; rattled through a pretty perfunctory set and finished ten or fifteen minutes early. Haven't paid them any attention since, but they're back again this year so I may give them another go, clashes permitting.

Interpol were great, well, the 3 song burst that the beeb showed. The Charlatans sounded a bit flat, Tim Burgess' voice was awful. Some hairdo & dungarees though, looked like he'd just put in an 8hr shift on Worthy Farm.

Tame Impala's laser show was stunning.

20190628_223011.jpg