Highland League 2005/06

Guest Scott_lithgows

Guest Scott_lithgows

Are there any new teams joining this season?,or is any team trying to get their ground to the standard required? Also can anyone tell me how Golspie turn up in the qualifying cup but not the league? Thanks for any info

Golspie are a full member of the SFA and satisfy basic ground requirements for Scottish Cup entry and are allowed entry into the Qualifying cup.

It has been mooted that Shetland are trying to introduce a team to play as the 16th team in the Highland League, but have met with mixed opposition so far. The inclusion of them would severely affect each team's budgets for the season with the travelling to the Shetland Isles not very cheap. But they are trying to become full members of the SFa to enter the Qualifying Cup.

That was the same route Fort William took initially before entry to the Highland League. They joined the North Caledonian League.

Highland LEague are looking to recruit a 16th team currently and is expected to arrive in teh nest two to three seasons. However we will just have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

Banks o' Dee have joined the Aberdeenshire & District FA, so will be playing in that FA's cup competitions - including the Aberdeenshire Cup alongside Aberdeen, Peterhead and the HFL clubs that are based in the Northeast.

They are a Junior club, so won't be entering into the Qualifying Cup - but I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinking about doing this in the future and maybe looking to progress to the HFL.

Guest Tarvie
Banks o' Dee have joined the Aberdeenshire & District FA, so will be playing in that FA's cup competitions - including the Aberdeenshire Cup alongside Aberdeen, Peterhead and the HFL clubs that are based in the Northeast.

They are a Junior club, so won't be entering into the Qualifying Cup - but I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinking about doing this in the future and maybe looking to progress to the HFL.

568431[/snapback]

Banks o Dee :lol::lol::lol:

Brothel, a £10 note & an elastic band spring to mind :lol:

There was rumours a while back that Cove would use Banks o Dee as their stadium to get an SFL place, and Banks o Dee will take coves place in the Highland league... or something like that.

It has been mooted that Shetland are trying to introduce a team to play as the 16th team in the Highland League, but have met with mixed opposition so far.  The inclusion of them would severely affect each team's budgets for the season with the travelling to the Shetland Isles not very cheap.  But they are trying to become full members of the SFa to enter the Qualifying Cup.

551115[/snapback]

Maybe Northlink Ferries should just let teams travel on the boat for free and make their profits from the amount of money they spend in the bar? :lol::ph34r:

I think it would have been great for Shetland to compete in the Highland League as their are some decent players up here who just don't get noticed enough.

Guest Tarvie
There was rumours a while back that Cove would use Banks o Dee as their stadium to get an SFL place, and Banks o Dee will take coves place in the Highland league... or something like that.

580042[/snapback]

Have you seen Spain Park :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Great start tae the season with plenty of goals every where. We had an easy win at Lossie and it quite easily could have been 10.Elsewhere a fine win for Deveronvale through at Inverurie and champs Huntly beat Keith 3-2 in front of 200 fans shocking for a local derby and the flag day.

Guest Tarvie
Is that the BOD park? (no i havent, atleast not recently)

614421[/snapback]

Its better than Cove but still a little hole :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bhoy Wonder
Maybe Northlink Ferries should just let teams travel on the boat for free and make their profits from the amount of money they spend in the bar? :lol:  :ph34r:

I think it would have been great for Shetland to compete in the Highland League as their are some decent players up here who just don't get noticed enough.

580407[/snapback]

Hi all.

It would be great to see Shetland FC playing down here more often, and if the rugby team can do it so can the football one. Its not really that expense for a group to travel on the boat just a long overnighter. Shetland fared extremely well in the International Island Games this year as hosts for the first time (and the first in Scotland), i have pics on my flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davermoore and the games including the football final thriumph can still be seen in full from the streaming site: http://www.shetland.gov.uk/islandgames/events.asp The game site being: http://www.shetland2005.info

Dave

Shetland - Island Games Champions 2005

Huntly FC Highland League Champions 2004/2005

• 2 weeks later...

Archived