Parks & Recreation

yoda

Are you talking about Andy and April's wedding? If you're wrong, that episode was hilarious.

It has some funny moments ie April's creepy goth friend, but all the lovely dovey sentimental bullshit ruined that episode for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Reid wrote:

Halfway through season 2. It's brilliant. Tom Haverford is my favourite, some of the stuff he comes out with is genius. Ron Swanson and Leslie are both brilliant too.

Onto season 6 now. It's definitely my favourite sitcom at the moment and probably my favourite of all time.

A lot of the characters seems to get better around season 3 IMO. I used to think Andy was a bit shit and boring but now I find him great. Most sitcoms have a 'dumb' character (Joey in Friends, Jake in TAAHM) but Chris Pratt plays Andy brilliantly. I also love Bert Macklin. I think Jerry is great too, not so much himself but the way everyone is so dismissive and cruel to him is hilarious (I do not condone bullying, however) but he's still so cheery. April is hilarious too. John Ralphio is tremendous. I think if he was a main character he would tedious as f**k but they manage to have the right amount of airtime for him. Ben and Chris aren't the funniest characters but they add something to the show. Tom is still the best of the lot - top guy.

Who would ever have imagined that they would see Ron Swanson in Central Station, checking out the times for the Gourock Train? Unbelievable scenes.

That would have been pretty surreal if you were in Central Station seeing Ron fuckin' Swanson. It was great when he was sitting outside the Lagavulin distillery as well.

Apparently NBC has delayed showing the remaining episodes of Parks and Recreation until January so that they can show episodes of the Voice!!! Raging!!!! :thumbsdown

I noticed that there was no episode on last week, and there is now a 1 month gap between episodes 5 and 6 according to IMDB, with the next episode airing on the 14th of November apparently.

Sort it out NBC, Parks and Rec is one of the best shows on TV!

I noticed that there was no episode on last week, and there is now a 1 month gap between episodes 5 and 6 according to IMDB, with the next episode airing on the 14th of November apparently.

Sort it out NBC, Parks and Rec is one of the best shows on TV!

Apparently the next episode wont be on till the start of January if you google it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

US Pace Spoiler: (I suppose we better start using spoilers now it's back on BBC Four)

Is there anything better than seeing the worlds of your two favourite TV shows collide?

parks-and-recreation-game-of-thrones-nbc

• 3 weeks later...

Been binge watching this from scratch over the last few weeks and I'm pretty much up to date with the US schedule. Absolutely brilliant show- all I'd heard about it was Ron Swanson and he is pretty much now my hero. Sadly I'm more like Ben.

The vast majority of the other characters are all very well written as well, folk like Leslie and Tom that I didn't think were great in the early series have developed and become much better.

And what I'd give for 10 minutes with Aubrey Plaza.

Also

Ron Swanson in Scotland. Oaft.

• 1 month later...

Was quite disappointed with the very end of season 6.

Didn't like the "3 years later" flash forward, although I suppose there was only so much mileage in Leslie's pregnancy and bringing up the triplets. Don't know if they can go back to the "present" for season 7.

Ron and Andy with the best lines yet again.

edit: just read an interview with the writer, confirms that they won't go back, season 7 will be set in 3 years and there's a reasonable chance it will be the last (which makes sense as they've obviously moved on from the P&R dept which was always going to happen.

Edited by Fuctifano

• 4 months later...

Started watching it yesterday and finished season one earlier, so looking forward to moving on since everyone says it gets better. Quite enjoying it so far though.

Where are the BBC with this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished this today. Bit iffy with some of the characters at the start but there's not a single person I hate. Definitely have to put it as one of my favourite TV shows.

And that ending, ooft. I don't think I can wait until autumn.

Is it sad that I was almost crying during them singing a song about a fictional dead horse?

Edit: Oh, and I have a Mouse Rat t-shirt :D

Edited by Smurph