MD 2020 - does your offie stock it?

Pretty sure the Shalimar in Rosyth will have some Mackie, it has all the jakey juice you could ever need. We used to phone them up when we were 15/16 and get them to deliver a substantial amount of booze with a bag of chips. If we were hungry then we would order a chicken kebab as well to flesh out the order.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to walk about 20 minutes to reach my nearest shop that sells madd dogg, yet can get a bottle of Bucky for about £7.00. Not sure how much md is, not had it in years. Bucky is quality when it's ice cold and your drinking it in the summer.

In regards to aftershock, I went to turkey with my mates and bought a bottle of it from the hotel shop, fucking love it. Can't find many places that do shots in Perth though, most places its jägerbombs.

Although I recently walked past dickens on south street who were advertising the following shots:

Skittlebombs

Glitterbombs which are both well known I think and one last one... A haggis bomb. Any idea what is in that????

It's literally impossible to find this fine beverage in Aberdeen, does anyone know of anywhere up this way that sells the heaven nectar? If not, does your local off license still sell the stuff, or has it gone the way of the Dodo and Jimmy Saville?

My local shop sells it, it's pretty much in every newsagent/off license in the falkirk area. Just get some cheap white wine, cheap diluting orange juice and a wee bit of vodka, done this before, tasted almost identical. Wee bit jakey of me I agree but not too bad all the same.

Buckfast and Irn Bru. You get them in Box on Sauchiehall Street, and are surprisingly good.

Last time I was in Box and asked for one they gave me Buckfast and Red Bull, I couldn't be bothered arguing so just took it. Was pretty decent actually.

Anyone remember Esq, a poor imitation of Mad Dog, which some hipsters said tastes better.

A few years ago I was in the carry out shop to buy a bottle of Orange MD, looked up the back of the fridge to see an old, misty yellow coloured bottle, called Lemon Ice. It was covered in a thin layer of slime, as it was about 9 months out of date.

The shop owner said I could have it for a quid, however that was probably over priced as it tasted like what I would imagine acid to taste like.

I have never seen it in another shop since, to compare an in date version to it.

Buckfast and Irn Bru. You get them in Box on Sauchiehall Street, and are surprisingly good.

I've actually had that, except it was named a Bucky bomb. Extremely sweet but hit the spot

Anyone remember Esq, a poor imitation of Mad Dog, which some hipsters said tastes better.

Can't say I've ever heard of that. I do however remember about ten years ago when a few imitation Buckfast's came out and were about a quid cheaper (around £4 at the time) they actually tasted pretty decent and not much diferent from there more expensive rival. the one that comes to mind for me was Monkfords, which I think was produced by the owners of Haddows.

257897449_3ed5dc42d9_z.jpg?zz=1

Pretty sure the Shalimar in Rosyth will have some Mackie, it has all the jakey juice you could ever need. We used to phone them up when we were 15/16 and get them to deliver a substantial amount of booze with a bag of chips. If we were hungry then we would order a chicken kebab as well to flesh out the order.

Used to stay 60 seconds from there, but their kebabs weren't a patch on Sizzlers. I can remember when it was half the size it is now and had a fish shop to it's left.

And I wouldn't fancy paying the delivery charge to Aberdeen 8)

Or would I :wacko:

Taking a walk to George Street tomorrow after uni to check out the keystore for it though, after I put £40 on Morton winning on Saturday.

It's going to be cold and raining here tomorrow. I'm meeting some friends for a drink tomorrow night. Then I'm going to come home to a bottle of electric melon MD 20/20. I cannot fucking wait.

back in my days of neophyte alcoholism aftershock used to be a highly regarded shot for getting pished. it had the added benefit of the urban myth that it crystallized in your stomach and got you steaming again the next day.

goldschlager was another shot that doesn't seem to be as common anymore. i remember people used to say they could feel the bits of gold stuck in their throat.

back in my days of neophyte alcoholism aftershock used to be a highly regarded shot for getting pished. it had the added benefit of the urban myth that it crystallized in your stomach and got you steaming again the next day.

Someone I know used to work for Aftershocks advertising team and told me its all to do with drinking fluid in the morning. It kicks in a bit more once water is consumed, she did add you needed to have a fairly large amount for that to actually happen. But then that could be her trying to advertise it even now.

Someone I know used to work for Aftershocks advertising team and told me its all to do with drinking fluid in the morning. It kicks in a bit more once water is consumed, she did add you needed to have a fairly large amount for that to actually happen. But then that could be her trying to advertise it even now.

Utter, utter drivel.

I remember drinking loads of aftershock one night then waking up in the morning and the wee punchbag thing that hangs down the back of the throat was swollen up like someone had pumped it up! I was shitting it, it went down after a couple of hours though after drinking loads of water.

She's taking the piss out of you. Mugging you off, if you will.

goldschlager was another shot that doesn't seem to be as common anymore. i remember people used to say they could feel the bits of gold stuck in their throat.

It's a little known fact that the Gold flakes in Golschlager actually slit your throat open ever so slightly, allowing the alcohol into your blood stream quicker.

If Widge knows anyone on the Golschlager advertising team Im sure he will confirm.

Archived