MD 2020 - does your offie stock it?

Black aftershock almost made me boak, can't be doing with it at all.

Also, Aftershock "less well stocked"? It was very much de rigeur in all establishments in Greenock last I checked, both off-license and licensed premises.

The Black ones actually the best one I think, the Blues probably the worst.

It's always in the shop where I live but I've not drank it for years.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I remember having the stuff was 9 years ago at a house party, after being the stuff in the shop in Saline. Actually someone had to get it for me as I got ID'd. I don't remember drinking it since but over the past month or so have a massive craving for it.

George Street getting a visit tomorrow night!!!

Saline is the most depressing place I've ever been, incidentally, after a couple of tiny towns in southern Louisiana.

That limited edition Orange Aftershock was just about the most vile thing I've ever drank.

Regarding MD, I've not seen any down here. There's a wee shop in Kentish Town that sells Tonic though, that was a quality wee find on my way back from my Halloween shopping trip.

Black aftershock almost made me boak, can't be doing with it at all.

Also, Aftershock "less well stocked"? It was very much de rigeur in all establishments in Greenock last I checked, both off-license and licensed premises.

Don't see it in all shops but I was more meaning in clubs (forgot to specify), it's barely ever stocked in clubs.

Haven't drank a full bottle of MD since I tanned an bottle of Orange Jubillee in around five minutes then lay on the ground vomitting for the rest of the night. That was around 1998 so I'm sure at the grand age of 31 I'm ready to drink it again. £8 a bottle though? A bit steep, same goes for Buckfast which I used to be quite partial to, used to only be about £5 at most for a bottle now some shops are charging £8? You'd be better off with two bottles of £3.33 wine.

Aftershock was massive when I started going out in late 90s / early 00s, but it seems to have been supplanted as the shot of choice by jagerbombs these days with the old favourites of tequila and sambuca staying firm.

Re: MD, my local newsagent sells it in at least 3 varieties,- it also sells cans of Skol, which maybe gives a clue as to its nature.

Buckie is so overpriced now that you're buying it because you actually really like it, or just for the sake of buying Buckie, a status thing almost. As Bert said above you could easily go to a supermarket and get 2 bottles of half price "ordinary" wine for less than one bottle of buckfast.

Aftershock was massive when I started going out in late 90s / early 00s, but it seems to have been supplanted as the shot of choice by jagerbombs these days with the old favourites of tequila and sambuca staying firm.

Re: MD, my local newsagent sells it in at least 3 varieties,- it also sells cans of Skol, which maybe gives a clue as to its nature.

Buckie is so overpriced now that you're buying it because you actually really like it, or just for the sake of buying Buckie, a status thing almost. As Bert said above you could easily go to a supermarket and get 2 bottles of half price "ordinary" wine for less than one bottle of buckfast.

Ordinary wine is horrible though, nothing compares to Buckfast. And I don't think it's overpriced at all It's only 6:50 a bottle.

Here in Hurlford the stuffs easy to get and it's usually about 6 or 7 pound. You get 3 kinds, Blue Raspberry, Orange Jubilee and the Strawberry one.The majority of people who drink it are underage but it's either MD or Buckfast. :( Cactus Jacks beats both imo.

Mad Dog is rife here in Lanarkshire. As my colleague from deepest darkest Airdrie mentioned it is available in many flavours for around £6,75 per bottle, a great train drink!

The first and last time I drank Mad Dog was at a friends 18th (at least, I think it was) about 3 years ago. I drank 2 and a half bottles of the orange stuff before I lose memory of the night, and I woke up in a bus stop about 5 miles away from my mates house with 1 shoe.

Never again.

It's literally impossible to find this fine beverage in Aberdeen, does anyone know of anywhere up this way that sells the heaven nectar? If not, does your local off license still sell the stuff, or has it gone the way of the Dodo and Jimmy Saville?

yes, but only strawberry. As mentioned before, an excellent on-train drink. High alcohol, low stomach volume, thus reducing trips to the bog.

Pocket Rocket is an appropriate terminology, I believe.

I still make great use of both MD and aftershock, can't beat proven past performance.

Archived