Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well you know, people who already think Scotland already is an independent country and aren't sure how to vote, lawyers who spoil their ballot because they claim there is "no such thing" as an "independent country", all that kind of thing. Its a recipe for confusion!

The EC seemed fine with it, I'm not worried about it. People who pretend to be are just scrambling for relevance tbh

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More and more hopeful of it happening these days. A few folk I know have slowly changed their minds and the most encouraging thing is the arguments people I know have used for the defence of the Union have been ludicrous. One guy I know claimed we wouldn't be safe from invasion if we became independent and he based this on the Falklands War.

More and more hopeful of it happening these days. A few folk I know have slowly changed their minds and the most encouraging thing is the arguments people I know have used for the defence of the Union have been ludicrous. One guy I know claimed we wouldn't be safe from invasion if we became independent and he based this on the Falklands War.

I think this thread is a good example. Former Uber Unionists like Reynard (haha), Ad Lib, and Pink Freud have shifted into the Yes camp. Renton was fairly neutral a few years back IIRC, but seems to be a Yes voter now, and even the last remaining ultra, HB, has said that he is actually fairly neutral. The tide hasn't turned yet, but there is definite ambiguity out there now.

The EC seemed fine with it, I'm not worried about it. People who pretend to be are just scrambling for relevance tbh

You know, one of us is clearly whooshing the other quite badly, and I'm not sure which one of us is which.

Damn has the other thread gone then? I was reading through it all and had nearly caught up to date with it grrrrr!

I wiLL definitely be voting yes, like it has been said there is no positive case for the union, the arguments I have had with some no voters have been ludicrous!

I feel a change in opinion too, I used to just think I was surrounded by similar thinking people but it would appear to me that many "undecideds" are being swayed into the yes camp. Unfortunately it is out of fear of what Westminster rule might bring in the future rather than growing confidence in our ability to govern ourselves (which is the argument YesScotland

need to be putting forward).

I have conducted a facebook poll and through talking to people actually gauged those in favour of independence at 60%, I often wonder at all these figures that come out as the spectrum if people I know would be a perfectly valid sample of the population demographic wise and would equate to the larger populous!

after independence day 2016 there will be a general election within two months. folk can decide then what the new scotland looks like.about the army,business rates, tuition fees etc maybe even sarwar's crowd can get in and tear universalism apart. thats up to the people of scotland.

to me this boils down to where do i want scotland to be in the future? i dont think westminster rule delivers a vision for scotland i am happy with and scotland would be better served and represented by having decisions made by the people who live here.

It's a yes vote all the way for me...I'm still waiting for the No campaigners to offer something positive, but they've had long enough and still nothing but doom and gloom. Anyway it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me, I'd vote with my heart over my head anyday.

It's a yes vote all the way for me...I'm still waiting for the No campaigners to offer something positive, but they've had long enough and still nothing but doom and gloom. Anyway it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me, I'd vote with my heart over my head anyday.

I'm voting with both, fella.

I'm voting with both, fella.

So am I, granted that might not have been the best phrase to use on this occasion, I have no doubt in my mind that Scotland will be successful if we gain independence.

The problem with the last thread was it boiled down to about 5 or 6 folk point scoring over various trivial things, plus Ad Lib's eye-bleedingly dull dissertations.

I'm 95% voting Yes, unless the No Campaign can prove that Scotland will be miles better off long term in voting No, which I don't think they will. I don't think it will make a great deal of difference in folk's day to day lives but I do think more devolved responsibility is A Good Thing in general, not just for Scotland. Plus I fail to believe all the scare stories that effectively mean we're the only country in the world incapable of running our own affairs.

The problem with the last thread was it boiled down to about 5 or 6 folk point scoring over various trivial things, plus Ad Lib's eye-bleedingly dull dissertations.

I said the same thing on the first page of this thread. It wouldn't be an issue if more people contributed, but it seems to be a very widely read thread that people don't post on so muhc.

Has there been any polls gathered recently? There seemed to be a glut in the summer and nothing too much recently.

Hunners. They just didn't make nearly as many headlines...you can draw your own conclusions as to why. Here is a recent one.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/politics/increase-in-support-for-scottish-independence-1-2788470

Archived