Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-24986670

Being more specific, I see the BBC plastered the above article about how useless us Scotch are on their home page and have also opened it up for comments. Naturally, our "UK family" down in England have given us their support by labeling us the usual subsidy junkies etc etc.

I wonder if the pro-independence view will get the same limelight tomorrow? <_<

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought STV news was worse tonight. The headlines for the Yes camp were horrendous if I'm being honest.

A good day for Better Together it has to be said, as both STV and BBC ripped the Yes camp up for arse paper over the headlines and report.

I know the IFS report is a load of shite but the ordinary punter in the street doesn't...

How much does Scotland 'export' to the other UK countries?

How much does it export to other countries?

The amount exported to other UK countries will be effected for the worse if Scotland decides it's too good for the UK and separates.

There's one reason to stay in the Union.

I simply can't be arsed dismantling the Bitter Together nonsense for the septillionth time, but see the fact that that they continue to try and warp Scots into believing that they are subsidised? That makes me fucking sick and proves beyond doubt that they are nothing but quisling c**ts.

Simply put, they continue to lie to the people of Scotland by refusing to point out that the average Scot pays an average of £500 more in taxes than what we receive in spending.

The "Scottish Parliament is delivering for Scotland" line is also pretty amusing. Yeah, that same parliament which has been governed for six and a half years by the party CDUists can't help but foam at the mouth over... :lol:

A complete and utter parody. Surely the continual "too wee, too poor, too stupid" narrative will begin to make undecided (and soft unionist) Scots think "away and f**k yourself you tedious c**ts"?

The Irish had to wage war for their independence ffs. I will be fucking ashamed if we don't have the stomach to simply tick the right box in a 21st century referendum in order to get ours again.

I simply can't be arsed dismantling the Bitter Together nonsense for the septillionth time, but see the fact that that they continue to try and warp Scots into believing that they are subsidised? That makes me fucking sick and proves beyond doubt that they are nothing but quisling c**ts.

Simply put, they continue to lie to the people of Scotland by refusing to point out that the average Scot pays an average of £500 more in taxes than what we receive in spending.

The "Scottish Parliament is delivering for Scotland" line is also pretty amusing. Yeah, that same parliament which has been governed for six and a half years by the party CDUists can't help but foam at the mouth over... :lol:

A complete and utter parody. Surely the continual "too wee, too poor, too stupid" narrative will begin to make undecided (and soft unionist) Scots think "away and f**k yourself you tedious c**ts"?

The Irish had to wage war for their independence ffs. I will be fucking ashamed if we don't have the stomach to simply tick the right box in a 21st century referendum in order to get ours again.

Oh dear,what a rotter we have here,a right separatist bully.

After seeing tonight's BBC and STV reports it just shows how difficult it's going to be to win some people over when the national news is so biased.

When people are given the facts about Scotland'd current contribution to the 'Union', they seem to almost always come round to Independence.

Yes need to deliver the campaign of a lifetime to get that message out there, when practically every source of public information is so laughably dishonest about it. Xbl, the reason people won't be shouting about being a No supporter on your FB feed is because most No voters are embarrassed by their own belief that Scotland is too wee and poor.

The White Paper will put many of these points across and the headline on 95% of our media will be Darling, Carmichael or someone supposedly 'dismantling it'. Jobs a good'un, the message contained withing goes practically unread. I'm with Paulo tbh, pretty seething at times.

After seeing tonight's BBC and STV reports it just shows how difficult it's going to be to win some people over when the national news is so biased.

That's pretty much it. If naw does indeed win, it will be for the most tragic of reasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-24986670

Being more specific, I see the BBC plastered the above article about how useless us Scotch are on their home page and have also opened it up for comments. Naturally, our "UK family" down in England have given us their support by labeling us the usual subsidy junkies etc etc.

I wonder if the pro-independence view will get the same limelight tomorrow? <_<

I misread it as IMF for a second. I was a bit worried until I realised it was just that ultra unionist think tank again.

That's pretty much it. If naw does indeed win, it will be for the most tragic of reasons.

Yeah it will be very hard to take as well. As Sodjee says the Yes campaign really need to step it up and get more information out to the undecided and people who don't really follow politics. This is a chance of a lifetime for Scotland and I'd be gutted if the bullies and liars have their way and Scotland remain in the Union.

The funny thing is, if every person who supports independence could persuade someone who is either unsure or currently against it otherwise, it would be a fucking resounding win.

Those of us who follow politics and are decided yes voters do so, but - apologies for the generalisation - many of us are young and most of our persuading is done on the internet. For older generations who still look to traditional media, it's going to have to be Yes Scotland who get the message to them.

When people are given the facts about Scotland'd current contribution to the 'Union', they seem to almost always come round to Independence.

Yes need to deliver the campaign of a lifetime to get that message out there, when practically every source of public information is so laughably dishonest about it. Xbl, the reason people won't be shouting about being a No supporter on your FB feed is because most No voters are embarrassed by their own belief that Scotland is too wee and poor.

The White Paper will put many of these points across and the headline on 95% of our media will be Darling, Carmichael or someone supposedly 'dismantling it'. Jobs a good'un, the message contained withing goes practically unread. I'm with Paulo tbh, pretty seething at times.

Again, this is pretty much it.

The funny thing is, if every person who supports independence could persuade a single person they know who is either unsure or currently against it otherwise, it would be a fucking resounding win. Hell, if even half or a third of people who support independence could persuade one person to vote yes it would be a comfortable win.

The past 300 years of union have made the Scottish people incredibly stubborn and skeptical, though it's hardly surprising given how we are painted in the media and by rags like the Mail and Telegraph. Many Scots over this period have also kept getting on the Westmonster gravy train which simply continues to exert its influence on people north of the border.

Yes and everyone in the public realm supportive of Indy need to be repeating that £1700/£1200 figure in practically every sentence they make about the referendum from now on.

The No arguments are absolute quantity over quality - that is to say they get a massively disproportionate quantity of coverage and none of their arguments have any quality. It's worked so far in making what seems to be a majority of people in Scotland think they live in a subsidised colony of some sort.

Repeat the facts so stubbornly that people end up utterly bored of hearing it and detest the people saying it. It doesn't matter, once people begin to even consider whether Scotland could be better off, they'll eventually go looking for the facts and change their mind.

Scotland is a wonderful part of the United Kingdom and has been for 300 years.

300 years of living together,fighting wars against eg Napoleon,Hitler,why we even burnt the White House to the ground together.

Then there's the shagging,my,how we've banged away left right and centre.Scottish men and women with Irish,Welsh and English.

Scotland will not leave the United Kingdom because the majority of Scots are happy and proud to be Scottish, British and members of the UK Family.

Screaming in peoples faces,really getting the information out there will only strengthen the resolve of the Scottish Unionists.

Better Together.

The Strength Of Being Part Of The United Kingdom

Scotland's biggest trading partner is the rest of the United Kingdom. Even the SNP admit that Scottish businesses sell more to customers in the rest of the UK than to every other country in the world combined.

Where we sell our goods.

66%(£45.5bn) Rest of UK

34%(£23.9bn) Rest of World

I'll nip this caper in the bud as well while I can be arsed.

Canada exports 74.5% of its goods to the United States. Canada has a higher GDP per capita, better standards of living, higher levels of employment and lower levels of unemployment etc etc than the United States.

Scotland (if Bitter Together's figures are to be taken at face value) exports 66% of its goods to rUK. Scotland has a higher GDP per capita, better standard of living, higher levels of employment and lower levels of unemployment etc etc than rUK.

This is really no big deal and is nothing but standard scrambling for relevance on behalf of Bitter Together. Even if this was a particularly bad thing, then it is the fault of the CDU that Scotland has become so reliant on a single export market.

#guttedforbittertogether #unlucks #voteyes2014

Archived