Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Murray is a Yes voter apparently, heard from a friend of a family member (the most reliable of sources) that he intends on voting Yes.

sorry utterly pointless post alert should have headed this.

I thought he lives in England.

If he's not on the electoral roll in Scotland, he doesn't get a vote next year.

I don't normally post pictures to this thread, but this one is too good not to share

766152036.jpg?1367676688

I'm not sure whether it's a genuine Better Together effort or whether it's a parody, though. It's from here http://twitpic.com/co5ap0

If it is real, I hope that BT use it. Anyone who agrees with it is likely to be voting No anyway, and it's likely to push Don't Knows into the Yes camp.

Serious question.

In the event of a Yes vote, what would the Westminster government bring to the negotiation table? What cards do they have up their sleeve so to speak?

Well, they have some wind-up-and-go nuclear submarines (based in our waters), they have the capacity to bomb our airports, and, uh... debt??

:lol: Absolute PR suicide if he comes out saying that.

I agree with this. He's not daft. I do think, based on what he's said, he leans towards Yes, but he has to look out for himself. Given the ultra-seethe over his joking comment at the 2010 World Cup, I don't blame him in the least for keeping quiet. It would be dangerous for him to speak out in favor of independence.

:lol: Absolute PR suicide if he comes out saying that.

I agree with this. He's not daft. I do think, based on what he's said, he leans towards Yes, but he has to look out for himself. Given the ultra-seethe over his joking comment at the 2010 World Cup, I don't blame him in the least for keeping quiet. It would be dangerous for him to speak out in favor of independence.

Absolutely spot on. Thought he handled a tough interview very well without giving anything away.

After the last couple of Wimbledons and his 2012 Olympic performance, he's gained a far easier press and affection of many down south. He's not silly enough to lose that position after earning it the hard way.

In saying that "proud to compete for GB" without being proudly British was as close as he could go to saying "aye I'm in favour of it Andrew".

Should be water off a ducks back. The man is a 2 time grand slam winner and one of the top sportsman in the world.

He really does not need to care one iota if the "come on Timmmmm...." brigade abandon him..

Should be water off a ducks back. The man is a 2 time grand slam winner and one of the top sportsman in the world.

He really does not need to care one iota if the "come on Timmmmm...." brigade abandon him..

Losing millions in endorsements might give me pause for thought if I was in his position.

Quite. I think if he was a certain no voter we would know about it by now, Chris Hoy was pretty quick to nail his colours to the mast. The seethe if he came out for Yes would be tremendous. Make him hand back his trophy etc. Ungrateful for all the support we gave him. So, aye, he's best to keep his trap shut.

Murray's grandparent's were SNP members ages ago, everybody knows which way he would vote if he had one that is.

But yes, madness to say, he's in a no-win situation.

Utter crap.

Why is it madness for him to say if he's a separatist?

He's made a fortune in cash,tennis fans will admire his skills and it's only wankers like Salmond that try and take political advantage out of English tennis club championships.

If Murray was such a separatist he would say so.

The nonsense and hypocrisy from separatists,the moving of goal posts trying and turn every little moment a 'victory' is quite pathetic.

That's just a terrifying piece of 'journalism' - knowing that folk probably didn't watch the marr show and then opining on a man's voting intention when there was no record of him saying one way or the other -almost at levels of RealTruth vs GoodTruth there.

That's just a terrifying piece of 'journalism' - knowing that folk probably didn't watch the marr show and then opining on a man's voting intention when there was no record of him saying one way or the other -almost at levels of RealTruth vs GoodTruth there.

Its all the unionists seem to have these days. Lies. I've been surprised of late, I didn't think the unionist media would hit these lows till next summer.

Archived