Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't read all of it. The first paragraph gives you enough of an idea of what's to follow.

It's like reading something out of the Daily Mail, it's a dreadful article.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like reading something out of the Daily Mail, it's a dreadful article.

And yet it was approved for publication. Do these journalists not have to answer to anyone? How the hell can referring to one side of a political debate as "cerebral" possibly be considered appropriate? Utterly astonishing that they've sunk to lows of this kind.

Its utterly insane!

"For budgetary reasons they would have to lease their equipment from foreign countries."

That would be equipment that we already own.

"The SNP pledge to remove Trident from Faslane guarantees an independent Scotland’s expulsion from Nato"

That would be a lie.

"certainly we could not rely on intelligence cooperation from GCHQ, MI5 and MI6"

That would be utter nonsense.

" Yet there is diplomacy, estimated by Nicola Sturgeon to cost £200 million. Unfortunately, she forgot to include the expense of purchasing new embassies;"

This would be ludicrous.

" which nowadays entails adopting the euro (seductive prospect), after first creating a national currency during the probationary period under ERM2 regulations."

This is a lie.

"Under EU rules, the option of retaining sterling does not exist "

This is a lie.

"not that it would be conceded by the UK Treasury in any case."

And so is this.

And then, as the anger builds, and lets not forget that Ad Lib and the law society collapse on their fainting couches every time "Quisling" is mentioned, we end on this gem.

" the ultimate sell-out by the Vichy Tories that will hand Salmond de facto independence, minus anthem and flag."

Jesus christ.

Heading along to Murrayfield today, West/Central Edi have a stall. If yer interested, come along and say hello to them (I'm having a day off).

Also, Edi east have a street stall in Porty on St Andrews day followed by an evening meal plus Ted Christopher at the Radical later, PM me for details....

Heading along to Murrayfield today, West/Central Edi have a stall. If yer interested, come along and say hello to them (I'm having a day off).

Also, Edi east have a street stall in Porty on St Andrews day followed by an evening meal plus Ted Christopher at the Radical later, PM me for details....

Which of the EDIs is this?

Finance company perhaps as it's at the rugga? :unsure2:

Quite interesting couple of questions with Andy Murray on Andrew Marr.

I've said before that I'm not into millionaire celebrities not living in the country piping up; be it Yes or No supporters. Was fully expecting the "I love Scotland but I'm proud to be British, hopefully I'm an example of what Scotland can achieve in the UK" guff straight from his PR people's mouths. Anything to repent for the treachery of joking about England's football team.

Wasn't really like that, he said he'd decide closer to the time based on what he thought was best for Scotland and didn't want to get involved in either campaign. When asked about nationality he said he was "proud to be Scottish and also proud 'to compete' for GB. Interesting.

Archived