Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"give back" hospitals, loving it. If you need a glimpse of the Unionist mindset, that is it right there. Health, a devolved matter, is still somehow bequeathed to the Scotch only through the munificence of Westminster. Without them, we're nothing.

Vote No for more madness like the above from the bigoted, the unimaginative, and the wrong.

I see the big diversion today is currency. Why won't the SNP specify the currency? They have. The pound. But what about plan B? What if the Brits say no? Why won't the SNP specify plan B? They have. The pound.

How come none of these Unionists ask the question of why won't the British government specify whether we will have a currency union? All they have to do is say no. Why won't they? And if they won't say no, why should we announce a plan C?

You can ask why Davie Cameron hasn't asked the EU what Scotland position would be within the EU if we became independent.

Obviously unionists really don't want him to ask as they may not like the answer

You can ask why Davie Cameron hasn't asked the EU what Scotland position would be within the EU if we became independent.

They give different answers depending on who you ask. The rules clearly state however, that all nations need to apply which would be the fair way to go about it. Why? Do you want Scotland to be in the EU?

They give different answers depending on who you ask. The rules clearly state however, that all nations need to apply which would be the fair way to go about it. Why? Do you want Scotland to be in the EU?

Are you suggesting the EU will take away my citizenship?

Also, are we not already part of the EU, have they said they would kicked Scotland out?

Why hasn't David Cameron asked, or if he had, why hasn't he came out with the answer?

Can you already see how pish this argument this and why unionist politicians have went very quiet on it after the initial scare stories

Are you suggesting the EU will take away my citizenship?

Also, are we not already part of the EU, have they said they would kicked Scotland out?

Why hasn't David Cameron asked, or if he had, why hasn't he came out with the answer?

Can you already see how pish this argument this and why unionist politicians have went very quiet on it after the initial scare stories

1) No. I merely implied if they were acting in the interests of fairness they would. But this is the EU we're talking about here...

2) Scotland are part of the EU as part of the United Kingdom, so technically if you left the UK you'd be leaving the EU also. :)

3) The EU give different answers so if Cameron came out and said one thing and it turned out to be another it could be quite an embarrassment for a PM. The main concern though, should be, whether Scotland need to re-apply or not, what will the conditions of EU membership be?

To help put it into context, when Ireland became independent the UK government didn't remove the people of Ireland British citizenship, so why would the EU strip me of mine?

They're not the same type of citizenship, in fairness. EU citizenship is a derivative citizenship, not a national one. In the unlikely event that the UK chose not to permit people to a) retain British citizenship or b) adopt dual citizenship or c) you elected to renounce your British citizenship in favour of Scottish citizenship, AND Scotland was not a member-state of the EU on Independence Day, AND the EU passed no transitional provisions to protect citizenship status in the interim, then you could lose your EU citizenship. This is vanishingly unlikely though.

Archived