Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again failure to admit and trivialising the fact the salmond was pinning the hopes of Scotland on the banking sector.

Every country in the world was pinning it's hopes on the banking and financial sectors, and they all got a sair yin. Failure to admit what?

2. Oil could become absolete, or replaced there could be new scientific evidence on global warming that means we have to stop using it?

:lol: Fucking hell. This is the worst contributor to the debate since H_B wheeled in that lecturer from Caley.

Again failure to admit and trivialising the fact the salmond was pinning the hopes of Scotland on the banking sector.

Pinning the hopes? It was just one of several successful industries. I seem to recall the British doing the same, as were many other countries. Including Iceland actually. And Iceland is an interesting one, because the Unionists have gone very quiet on Iceland recently. Despite being even more "dependent" on the banking industry than Scotland, they seem to have survived, and are in fact quietly prospering again.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me about this wind "crash". I posted up evidence showing you that the renewable sector in Scotland was being artificially crippled by British Government policy. You ignored it.

See this is the problem, any opposition to the yes vote is regarded as an attack. There is no political forum for discussion because the yes voters just start shouting down the no vote and turn the moderate swing voters off nationalism.

It's a shame, I hoped that the snp could step away from the jingoistic tub thumping but it seems that that's all they have. Bit strange as Alex isn't stupid.

Pointing out that you are talking unbelievable nonsense is not "shouting down"

DAFC here is your platform to champion a NO vote, Sell it to me.

No chance I can't compete with a dozen or so yes posters who will pick anything apart and attack.

If it was a fair fight I would have a go.

Any no reasons will just be labelled as fear, really don't have the energy to tell you why I will vote no.

Just hearing a professor on the bbc telling me that the snp needs to engage the over eighteens as two thirds are against independence.

If the no vote is such a pile of nonsense then are you saying that two thirds of Scotland's voters are morons?

Perhaps the professor is an idiot also?

I thought you said he was pinning his hopes on oil? Make up your mind.

You know, the no camp have been out in force recently on this thread. It doesn't make pretty reading, does it? :lol:

Its so annoying.

I'm sure you'll agree.

:lol:

It's Alex that keeps jumping ship not me.

Are you trying to claim that the UK government saw the banking crisis coming and did nothing about it?

You're forgetting that the City of London was and still is the jewel in the UK crown.

No chance I can't compete with a dozen or so yes posters who will pick anything apart and attack.

Any no reasons will just be labelled as fear, really don't have the energy to tell you why I will vote no.

Just hearing a professor on the bbc telling me that the snp needs to engage the over eighteens as two thirds are against independence.

If the no vote is such a pile of nonsense then are you saying that two thirds of Scotland's voters are morons?

Why not?

I'm certain Swampy XBL could easily swat away 12 NO voters. Indeed AD LIB clearly got the better of thousands of NO voters on the better together's facebook page the other day. IF you have ANY sensible reasons then let's hear them. I'm sure you understand in your heart of hearts why comments about the banks are given short change. It was proper head in your hands stuff.

The main reason is because of the language and the way the yes voters obnoxiously turn their noses up and shout down no voters.

Not just on here but on any televised debate that I have seen. This is very unappealing for me. True visionaries don't spend their time attacking they show their vision.

If the yes vote was a no brainier then why aren't the people of Scotland getting the argument?

In a nutshell I am concerned about job security, being able to cope alone and being led by salmond who I have no time for.

Simply attacking Westminster won't convince me to change you need to tell me why change is better.

I think the snp has failed in their duty to do this, this is my opinion. They seem more interested in sneering at the no campaign and labelling any no voters as idiots. There's no hope in hell they will turn people into yes voters if they keep going down this path.

As I have said nothing would please me more than a fully independent scotland that was full of jobs and becoming a great place to live but I don't see it and think that gambling on oil prices during a recession is not the time to do it.

Ten years ago might have been better, I stand by my comment that the snp only got in as a protest against labour.

We will see shortly if that is the case, I doubt the snp voters will have the bottle to be honest.

If you have a decent argument then it'll be a fair fight. If you have one genuine, positive reason why we should stay in the Union, then tell us, but expect that perhaps we might have counter arguments.... it's a debate after all.

Why not?

I'm certain Swampy XBL could easily swat away 12 NO voters. Indeed AD LIB clearly got the better of thousands of NO voters on the better together's facebook page the other day. IF you have ANY sensible reasons then let's hear them. I'm sure you understand in your heart of hearts why comments about the banks are given short change. It was proper head in your hands stuff.

This is interesting.

A Lib Deb fan dan going against party policy.

Wunder if Wullie Rennie knows or has ever heard of AD LIB?

Could damage his political career in years to come spouting out against party policy.

It seems to me like you don't like having your arguments for staying in the union examined in any great depth. This seems to be a common trait among unionists; "I'll tell you what I think but you're not allowed to argue with me".

Whereas most independence supporters I have come across tend to be only do happy do put forward their argument and are confident enough in their beliefs to take on anybody who wishes to debate.

The main reason is because of the language and the way the yes voters obnoxiously turn their noses up and shout down no voters.

Not just on here but on any televised debate that I have seen. This is very unappealing for me. True visionaries don't spend their time attacking they show their vision.

If the yes vote was a no brainier then why aren't the people of Scotland getting the argument?

In a nutshell I am concerned about job security, being able to cope alone and being led by salmond who I have no time for.

Simply attacking Westminster won't convince me to change you need to tell me why change is better.

I think the snp has failed in their duty to do this, this is my opinion. They seem more interested in sneering at the no campaign and labelling any no voters as idiots. There's no hope in hell they will turn people into yes voters if they keep going down this path.

As I have said nothing would please me more than a fully independent scotland that was full of jobs and becoming a great place to live but I don't see it and think that gambling on oil prices during a recession is not the time to do it.

Ten years ago might have been better, I stand by my comment that the snp only got in as a protest against labour.

We will see shortly if that is the case, I doubt the snp voters will have the bottle to be honest.

You are voting NO, yet your not prepared to tell anyone the reasons for this. I find this astounding.

Can you at least give your reasons why you believe Westminster deserves another chance to control fiscal policy?

Why are you STILL taking about gambling on oil prices? Do you not understand the issues you have been educated on?

Archived