Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see that one of the uber-unionist mods has deleted my post from yesterday with regards to the numerous good news reports on the Scottish economy.

Anyway, here is even more good news:

Record sales for Scotland's food and drink industry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-24036113

Rics says 'positivity' returning to housing market

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-24024178

Oh the uncertainty etc etc. :(

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God you are fucking tedious.

People who make a crap point who then get pulled up on it, who then proceed to insist on evidence of it really get on my tits. You're like the Anas Sarwar of this thread, desperately trying to bog the topic down until it just becomes unreadable.

Apologies if you find my posts tedious but if someone spouts absolute pish about your views based on nothing but their own twisted assumptions then I think it's fair to ask what they are basing it on. Otherwise people could say all sort of untrue shit and get away with it which may suit some on here but would make for a pretty pointless thread.

I see that one of the uber-unionist mods has deleted my post from yesterday with regards to the numerous good news reports on the Scottish economy.

Anyway, here is even more good news:

Oh the uncertainty etc etc. :(

There's none. Yes are certain to lose.

No, and I find questions about my personal circumstances to be really creepy in any case. Don't do that again.

Only asked because you offered up the fact that you didn't live in Scotland in the first place but fair enough.

So because I doubt whether a Disney film will really have the impact the tourism agency says it has I'm anti-Scottish? Yeah good one.

Only asked because you offered up the fact that you didn't live in Scotland in the first place but fair enough.

So because I doubt whether a Disney film will really have the impact the tourism agency says it has I'm anti-Scottish? Yeah good one.

Btw, is Ad Lib ok? I assume you're filling in for him.

Panelbase have acknowledged they have a serious cybernat problem and have had to close down new entrants. That's pretty much all we need to know here, they haven't openly admitted that their credibility is in tatters but it's pretty clear that the actions of some nationalist dafties in an attempt to make things seem like "its all to play for" has fucked up Panelbase as a serious polling outfit. If even a bunch of stupid nat fucks can see a way of making things look better by infesting the outfit and tring to rig the results then Panelbase should attempt to look a bit harder at the way they operate or they will simply stay point and laugh material. Which will do THEM no good at all as a company.

They have acknowledged nothing of the sort. They have said that no, they didn't believe there had been an influx of 'cybernats' to skew their results and were taking a precaution, probably over the top, in order to head off any allegations against their impartiality. According to newsnet Scotland, the grounds for that precaution were a single tweet by one guy who'd found six SIX! instances of idiots trying to influence the vote one way or the other.

They have acknowledged nothing of the sort. They have said that no, they didn't believe there had been an influx of 'cybernats' to skew their results and were taking a precaution, probably over the top, in order to head off any allegations against their impartiality. According to newsnet Scotland, the grounds for that precaution were a single tweet by one guy who'd found six SIX! instances of idiots trying to influence the vote one way or the other.

Yes, because they needed to do this if they thought their methods were impeccable.

According to Newsnet? f**k sake. :lol:

I don't think anyone's weighting is exactly right, and in any case - they don't weight by 2011 affiliation, and haven't for the last couple of months. The issue was apparently with the number of people who said they didn't vote in 2011 16%, against 50% who actually didn't vote, and I'm not sure how you adjust for that anyway. Polls will always be limited to how much truth people will actually give you (for example, see 'shy tory syndrome') and is liable to vary across pol to poll and always be present so no, their weighting wasn't piss poor in that respect, at least not relative to the effect the same issue wil lhave on everyone's polls.

While the 'dog whistle' as you call it almost certainly had an effect (note that PB say it 'might' but not necessarily) if we accept that it did, and similarly accept that the Yougov (who arguably had much worse weighting anyway) question lead it's audience, then we have an interesting data point. If differne tleading questions do lead to different poll effects then it's interesting to see the two polls and compare (where comparison, if not absolutely direct is possible) how framing the whole thing changes people's minds. If the UKOK mob can succesfully frame it as 'leaving the UK' then they win, if the YS lot can keep questions of who you trust more to make decisions that benefit you, then they come out on top.

It's actually reflected quite well in the SSA survey, where there was a plurality for having all decisions made in Scotland yet balking at the very term 'independence'. Even if we can't trust the headline figures from recent polls, we can take some interestnig points on how both sides have to frame the debate to win.

The framing the debate thing is spot on. The SNP know they need to talk up making decisions yourself and the big bad Tories. The No side need to portray it as a divisive, risky split rather than a gentle evolution. That's is why a lot of the Yes stuff has been about reassuring people on the pound, the queen, Nato, EU membership. The risk for them is making it so gentle that people think what is the point?

The poll findings inevitably get distilled down to the top line numbers though and I just find it frustrating that none of the polls are above criticism. They are all slanted one way or another depending in who commissioned them. You then end up in a position with polls leading the debate rather than polls reflecting the debate which isn't that healthy.

There are already posters on here (e.g. ayrmad) who take a significant and unwelcome interest in my whereabouts. I don't need that list to be added to.

I think second-guessing already-extant figures - not just projections - over something that just happens to be a CDUist talking point indicates a general desire to give Scotland and the Scottish government's investments a shoeing regardless of circumstance. We see this time and again, Unionists high-fiving each other at any bad news for Scotland, Michael Moore trying to undermine FDI in Scotland, etc.

Yes, because they needed to do this if they thought their methods were impeccable.

According to Newsnet? f**k sake. :lol:

Newsnet actually quoting the guy from Panelbase so aye, laugh it up.

Your first sentence is a groundless assumption. There is nothing beyond that single tweet to suggest there are lots of people clambering onto Panelbase to influence the results, there are obviously filters and weighting that would stop the result being skewed (unless there was a really, really huge influx) for all that, if you wanted to make a difference to the debate, you sign onto Yougov en masse, and kick their numbers up, if such a thing were possible.

Archived