Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I read somewhere that there were shortened versions (white paper) being put through people's doors, which would probably be the right way to go about it. It would mean no one would have the excuse of not understanding the case for Independence and Unionists would have to stick to their usual Salmond/SNP hate-filled claptrap and union jack draped British-nationalist pish.

They don't need to. Things will continue as they are today.

Really? No more discussions on further devolved powers? But every poll has been showing that that's exactly what there's an appetite for in Scotland if not independence, as people are not happy with the status quo. Unconvincing.

Does that include the Barnett Formula? :rolleyes:

ETA

clicky

The geriatric forecasts of the IFS are surely a vision of Scotland if it stays in the UK. Without a new immigration policy and economic policies that keep skilled Scots families in Scotland, how can Scotland avoid an ageing population?
Carwyn Jones has also joined the clamour for the Barnett Formula on Scottish public spending to be cut.
The message is clear: within the union Scotland faces a future of public spending constraints, falling population and economic decline. Scottish representation in Westminster will likely be cut under the McKay Commission into the consequences of devolution.

Really? No more discussions on further devolved powers? But every poll has been showing that that's exactly what there's an appetite for in Scotland if not independence, as people are not happy with the status quo. Unconvincing.

We can discuss that after the in/out referendum but personally I'm in favour of a federal UK with every region getting the same level of devolution fro westminster

We can discuss that after the in/out referendum but personally I'm in favour of a federal UK with every region getting the same level of devolution fro Westminster

Well by the same token why can't the Yes campaign hold off until the referendum too? Consistently, polls have shown an overwhelming desire for change from the status quo in the form of more powers for Scotland: Yes have shown their hand - why won't Westminster? There are no excuses for the lack of clarity from Westminster about post-referendum Scotland. Not only about devolved powers in the event of a No vote, but the pathetic muddying of the waters over a currency union.

http://www.cpag.org.uk/scotland/child-poverty-facts-and-figures

yeah, lets keep things the same

http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/paying_for_a_home/housing_benefit/the_bedroom_tax

lets measure the size of our rooms to see if we need to pay more rent

http://www.trusselltrust.org/foodbank-projects

foodbanks. . .

do you want me to continue?

We can discuss that after the in/out referendum but personally I'm in favour of a federal UK with every region getting the same level of devolution fro westminster

Given the option between this and independence I'd go for this every time. When you have 300 years of integration it's inevitable that Westminster will still make decisions that have indirect influence on the prosperity of local communities in Scotland. Under a federal system we'd have some mechanism for protecting our interests in those situations, while still largely having all of the benefits of independence.

Of course the problem is that nobody is offering us that so unless somebody else puts forward a proposal like this we have a choice between the current model of devolution or what the SNP put forward tomorrow. The fact that you think a federal system is the best option doesn't necessarily mean that independence is worse than what we've currently got.

I've got my pocket guide! Not telling you lot in a million years what's in it, 10.00 for you losers!

Either that, come down to Waverley at 7.00 and I will give you a copy.

Oh. Ya. Dancer. A few twists in the tale is all I will say. Very easy to read, very well written and it's explaining everything!

I'm sure I read somewhere that there were shortened versions (white paper) being put through people's doors, which would probably be the right way to go about it. It would mean no one would have the excuse of not understanding the case for Independence and Unionists would have to stick to their usual Salmond/SNP hate-filled claptrap and union jack draped British-nationalist pish.

I am led to believe that the intention is to have a shortened version delivered to every household in Scotland.

In this PC world that we live in I am surprised that BT haven't attacked the White paper as being racist yet. Would even they go this far?

I've got my pocket guide! Not telling you lot in a million years what's in it, 10.00 for you losers!

Either that, come down to Waverley at 7.00 and I will give you a copy.

Oh. Ya. Dancer. A few twists in the tale is all I will say. Very easy to read, very well written and it's explaining everything!

Does it address the all-important "wee dugs" issue?

Archived