Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Limmy perfectly summed up that video for me:

"What they Rangers fans don't realise is that they don't really care about what they think they do. Tribal without a cause. They could be into Rangers, Celtic, the UK, Ireland, disnae matter. Some people need a tribe and an enemy. Their life has no other purpose."

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The welsh FM wants us to vote No as apparently if Scotland becomes Independent poles show the welsh public would also be in favour of welsh independence

What was his point? What is wrong with the Welsh being in favour of independence? He really hasn't set out his case very well the last few days.

What was his point? What is wrong with the Welsh being in favour of independence? He really hasn't set out his case very well the last few days.

He's a Labour apparatchik, anything that could be seen to endanger the sancitity of the UK Labour party must be fought tooth and nail.

More chance of Cowdenbeath (with respect) winning the Champions League than the Welsh voting to leave the Union.

In your dreams Shuggie!

It's Wales. I couldn't give to shiney shite what they want.

Out of interest, what is wrong with them favouring independence?

If the Welsh want independence then they want it.

That wouldn't be wrong.

But,the majority most certainly do not want to leave the UK family.

This too is not wrong.

I'm a quarter Welsh, your point is.

I think that was perfectly clear.

The post I replied to (did you read it!) "I'm hoping we get independence,the Welsh will be fucked"

Unfreindly isn't it.

I'm a Unionist,Englsih,i love Wales and the Welsh.

Oh and I have a relative that runs for Wales.

I think that was perfectly clear.

The post I replied to (did you read it!) "I'm hoping we get independence,the Welsh will be fucked"

Unfreindly isn't it.

I'm a Unionist,Englsih,i love Wales and the Welsh.

Oh and I have a relative that runs for Wales.

It was in reference to the knuckledragger on the video saying Wales would be a good place to go if Scotland became independent, nowt to with being unfriendly and everything to do with us getting rid of some of the shite.

I started the process as a Unionist, can't see it remaining that way after everyone sticks their nose in.

It was in reference to the knuckledragger on the video saying Wales would be a good place to go if Scotland became independent, nowt to with being unfriendly and everything to do with us getting rid of some of the shite.

I started the process as a Unionist, can't see it remaining that way after everyone sticks their nose in.

Oh,well beg your pardon ayrmad if I misunderstood.

Scotland is in the UK family,has been for 300 years and I think it only right and proper all people from the UK can have their say (if they choose to) on Scotland possibly leaving the UK Family..

Remember,they do not have a vote though.

So the actual decision making is done by Scots and others who have made Scotland their home.

Seems fair enough to me.

Opinions from Northern Irish,Welsh and English will probably become louder and heard more often the closer we get to September 2014.

I will respect the result of the democratic process, but as soon as people starting moaning about Westminster policies I will remind them that they blew their best chance for change.

Spot on.

It'll still all be Salmond's fault though :huh:

Which ever side wins and whatever Government is in charge of Scotland,England,Wales or Northern Ireland people will still moan about Westminster of Holythingymajig etc.

Reminding people they had a chance to vote for separation or the Union every time someone moans will look abit daft and as time goes by senile.

More white paper reaction (paper published NEXT week):

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-darling-warns-of-conflict-1-3199016

FORMER Chancellor Alistair Darling has warned the SNP that it would “set up conflict” between Scotland and England if the party insisted on introducing its entire White Paper on independence in the event of a Yes vote next year.

Perish the very thought. Maybe we should threaten to annex their land, steal their sea, strip their assets, and bomb their airports?

Oh, and more white paper response from the same paper:

THE Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael has warned that independence would see Scotland expelled from Sterling.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-sterling-expulsion-warning-1-3198888

followed by the next line of:

In an interview with the Financial Times, Mr Carmichael effectively ruled out Alex Salmond’s plans for a currency union

Oh, and meanwhile, something that was flagged up months ago but remained mysteriously unreported:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/better-together-sent-voters-300k-unsolicited-texts-1-3199177

THE “No” campaign in the Scottish independence referendum campaign has been reprimanded for sending 300,000 text messages to voters without checking whether they had given permission to be contacted.

The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has demanded that the Better Together campaign, led by former Chancellor Alistair Darling, signs an undertaking pledging to comply with privacy regulations in future.

Actual breaking of the rules, rather than the usual Project Fear lies.

Archived