Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO the Yes campaign need to hold back in attacking the Express "Separation songs" story, just as they held back on the Stirling Council Flag story. It plays directly into Better Together's hands if the Yes campaign come across as crusty old nationalists who are voting Yes out of some weird sense of historic spite. It is a forward looking campaign and it needs to remain so. For some, flags and poetry are important, but that side of Scottish nationalism is something that a lot of people feel uncomfortable with.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately we live in a multicultural society, so the lack of Scottish history will be down to that. It's the fault of the lefties.

Yet you are moaning over the teaching of a few folk songs, most of which have a relevant point to Scottish History.

We've been brainwashed by Westminster for centuries. What goes around comes around

Yet you are moaning over the teaching of a few folk songs, most of which have a relevant point to Scottish History.

We've been brainwashed by Westminster for centuries. What goes around comes around

They aren't doing it to teach the youngsters new songs. They have done it to influence votes.

Deflect, deflect, deflect, everyone from Glasgow University is a unionist.

I went to Glasgow Uni and I turned out fine. Probably because I hardly attended classes, and didn't study law.

They aren't doing it to teach the youngsters new songs. They have done it to influence votes.

I guess it depends on your point of view, but as far as I am concerned what is taught in schools should be accurate. And as I have said all the songs that are listed in that piece have a relevance to Scottish History

I went to Glasgow Uni and I turned out fine. Probably because I hardly attended classes, and didn't study law.

At least one managed to slip through the net. Did the Law squad have a recruiting chappy lurking in the coridoors, in the same way as MI5 recruit at Oxford and Cambridge?

Out of curiosity, what do your pals think about the referendum, if anything? That yes voters are simply obsessed with Braveheart and that we're a bunch of subsidy junkies?

You know, if Scotland's major economic and social contributions to the UK were actually recognised and appreciated rather than incorrectly mocked, then unionists would actually begin to have some credibility.

On this point, the unionists completely contradict each other. Some of them say that we're subsidy junkies that are dependent on Westminster, and yet others come out with ridiculous scare stories in order to get us to vote No. There will probably be some that do both. If we're such a drain on their resources then surely they would want us to leave?

Out of curiosity, what do your pals think about the referendum, if anything? That yes voters are simply obsessed with Braveheart and that we're a bunch of subsidy junkies?

You know, if Scotland's major economic and social contributions to the UK were actually recognised and appreciated rather than incorrectly mocked, then unionists would actually begin to have some credibility.

To be honest, most folk down here don't really take any interest in it at all and generally think it's a bit of 'wee man syndrome' and can't imagine why we would want to separate from England and they put it down to 'Jocks hatred for the English'

At least one managed to slip through the net. Did the Law squad have a recruiting chappy lurking in the coridoors, in the same way as MI5 recruit at Oxford and Cambridge?

I graduated in 2005 and frankly it didn't seem to be much of an issue. The seething cauldron of unionism must have been hidden in plain sight.

Holy crap... I have seen some crap from political hopefuls but I almost felt sorry for her due to her ineptness

How about you look for the information yourself?

How about you look for the information yourself?

i did and what i found was pretty one sided and all double dutch to me, i want it from a neutral from both sides so i can decide whats best to do

Are you asserting that Better Together are anti-Scottish and attempting to use this article to support that assertion?

The reality is that Better Together's whole campaign is based on it's self named "Project Fear"

From calling Scottish nationalism a "virus" to their constant drip feed of misinformation and lies covering AAA rating, Bank bail outs, the pound, roaming charges, 14,000 treaties, diplomatic embassies, defence spending, trident job numbers etc...

Out of interest, did BT say anything when Scotland on Sunday superimposed a Swastika on Scotland's flag and linked Scottish nationalism to fascism?

Archived