Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't actually, think Salmond is all that as a debater. I also think that Cameron is much better than he is given credit for.

I also agree with you on this. Salmond is head and shoulders apart from anyone else in the Scottish Parliament but is not quite the colossus outsidevthat small pool that some would have you believe. His disgraceful performance at Medinah for example shows you that he doesn't always judge his audience.

Cameron will of course be on a hiding to nothing with many being tory/etonian/well-spoken but he is no mug and I think might surprise a lot of people if it came to a debate (which it won't). I've seen him speak without notes at a BIS function to a non-party audience and he is very good in the flesh.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cameron shites it from Alex,,, just said it should be a debate for the leader of the yes campaign and the leader of the no campaign....eh the leader of the no campaign ,,,is that not the priminister of the UK?

Correct - it isn't.

Of course Churchill would have needed a visitor's pass for Saughton if he'd wanted to debate with the SNP leader for much of WWII.

Its funny, I think at least twice now, I've asked you to develop your point. Why don't you go ahead and make it.

Not everyone will agree but I thought that was a pretty balanced article on the matter.

I thought it was pretty decent too. I quite like Massies attempts most of the time. I havent had a look at the comments section yet, but he has a cabal of furious cybernats that traipse around after him like lost collie dugs with the usual garbage they spout. Cochrane at the Telegraph tends to write specifically with them in mind and winds them up quite easily but Massie tends to not bother with his pet cybernats.

Except he wasn't leader in wwii and no evidence of treachery has ever been produced.

Smears before facts, it's the UKOK way.

Wrong I'm afraid. You might be thinking of Arthur Donaldson. Douglas Young was one of the SNP leaders during WWII and he was banged up in Saughton.

I'll await your acknowledgement you were wrong.

Wrong I'm afraid. You might be thinking of Arthur Donaldson. Douglas Young was one of the SNP leaders during WWII and he was banged up in Saughton.

I'll await your acknowledgement you were wrong.

I think he should do no such thing until you stop dancing and hinting, and actually develop your point.

On another point, there is one thing I don't get about Cameron's statement...if this is a matter for the Scottish people alone, why does his government constantly stick their oar in with all their documents and press releases?

Because they're two-faced, wanting it their own way, cretinous c**ts?

Douglas Young was one of the SNP leaders during WWII and he was banged up in Saughton.

Agreed, he was, for his principles as a conscientious objector.

Now, just how many Scottish Labour MP's went to jail for exactly the same principles?

More than one, I think you'll find........

I think he should do no such thing until you stop dancing and hinting, and actually develop your point.

Well Frosty? For days now, you've been dancing around this one, and every time you're challenged, you run away. Are you going to stand and develop your point?

Archived