Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell you on Saturday, balaclavas are for the SDL muppets. You parking at mines?

Nah, I've got going out on the lash to be doing afterwards, so I'm going to get the train through. I'm quite excited!

I'm tempted to go, but then people would know I went. A media luvvy in our midst? :o It's not me is it?

Maybe we should meet up with Mr. Rational and go on the march as team p&b? I promise not to try and burn you to death.

I think that's actually a hardening of No's position.

Previously it was around the 1/6, 7/2 mark. Maybe just a different bookie.

Though rather bizarrely the odds on Independence were much more generous than the odds on a Yes vote on the referendum.

Yeah just had a look:

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome/bet-history/yes-to-independence/today

Nah, I've got going out on the lash to be doing afterwards, so I'm going to get the train through. I'm quite excited!

Maybe we should meet up with Mr. Rational and go on the march as team p&b? I promise not to try and burn you to death.

Anyone wants to find me or meet up with me, PM me for details. I'm going with my area campaign but as we have a 10 foot Saltire, I should be easy to find. Although I did look like Victor from still game last year with my bunnet on :D

Another piece in the Guardian, talking about the BT parties agreeing a package of further devolution prior to September next year. Is there any real momentum for this? It's only been the guardian who've brought it up - just wishful thinking on their part?

I've heard (tentatively) positive things from someone with an inside track on the Tory group looking into this. Labour are properly tearing themselves apart though.

The perception I get is that a cross-party or Labour proposal will only be rushed to be published before the referendum if they are concerned the polls are close.

The independence betting market is illiquid. Only mugs like Tryfield are betting on it.

It could make sense if you were getting value - 9/2 might not be too bad actually, as I'm sure in the next 12 months that will narrow.

I'd be disappointed if you couldn't lay it off at 7/2 ish before then.

Just in case anyone missed it, here's last nights result being announced. Kirsty Wark just about chokes, whilst the other yin's got a look on her puss as if Pat Kane's just dropped his guts.

They should of had Morris Dancers with that bloke playing the pipes.

So the facility to vote SNP and begin a referendum clusterfuck simply hasn't been available to the people of Scotland for 80 years?

Well there's certainly been no direct mechanism for it. Even if Scotland voted 100% SNP, there has never been any mechanism in place at Westminster that would bring about a referendum as a direct result or even through SNP MPs voting for one. It's pretty obvious that if that did happen, it would put a lot of pressure on Westminster to arrange a referendum but they wouldn't have to if they didn't want to.

Well there's certainly been no direct mechanism for it.

There doesn't have to be. That's not what self-determination as a right requires or means. The mechanism for a Scottish exercise of self-determination to form a new independent sovereign nation was laid out for us.

Saying "Yeah, but I voted the other way because I wanted more money spent on the roads" isn't an argument against having a right to self-determination exercised through the democratic process.

There doesn't have to be. That's not what self-determination as a right requires or means. The mechanism for a Scottish exercise of self-determination to form a new independent sovereign nation was laid out for us.

Saying "Yeah, but I voted the other way because I wanted more money spent on the roads" isn't an argument against having a right to self-determination exercised through the democratic process.

So what would it have looked like? A majority of the electorate in Scotland voting SNP, the SNP winning a majority of Scottish seats? What would have happened had either of these things occurred?

So what would it have looked like? A majority of the electorate in Scotland voting SNP, the SNP winning a majority of Scottish seats? What would have happened had either of these things occurred?

Archived