Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps we can have a Constitutional Reform thread, where people will engage in a constructive manner to find a popular, workable and consensual settlement for the restructuring of the way powers are divided and exercised in the United Kingdom by different tiers of government.

Or we can just have a snarky sulkfest about quislings. I think I know which is more likely.

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that policymakers aren't going to be turning to P&B for their 'popular, workable and consensual settlement' #delusional

Still, you start a thread and see how far that gets you with your quisling joke of a party, much less any constitutional convention #unwarrantedselfimportance

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or a realist.

On the subject of realism, would you like to rescue your credibility from the deepest Atacama by clarifying your stance on the following points:

• Pension figures
  • Immigration figures
  • Weather station siting
  • Ice coverage

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that policymakers aren't going to be turning to P&B for their 'popular, workable and consensual settlement' #delusional

Still, you start a thread and see how far that gets you with your quisling joke of a party, much less any constitutional convention #unwarrantedselfimportance

Case in point.

Perhaps we can have a Constitutional Reform thread, where people will engage in a constructive manner to find a popular, workable and consensual settlement for the restructuring of the way powers are divided and exercised in the United Kingdom by different tiers of government.

Or we can just have a snarky sulkfest about quislings. I think I know which is more likely.

IF by some unlikelihood, its a No, then the people of this country will have made their choice. There will be no further reform, no more powers, and any idea of further devolution will be a sick joke. And furthermore, we won't deserve it. IF it a No, and thats incredibly unlikely IMO, then the quislings and cowards of this country will deserve the mess they will have to live with. As far as I'm concerned, that will be the end for Scotland. Why call ourselves a country if we don't have the courage?

IF by some unlikelihood, its a No, then the people of this country will have made their choice. There will be no further reform, no more powers, and any idea of further devolution will be a sick joke. And furthermore, we won't deserve it. IF it a No, and thats incredibly unlikely IMO, then the quislings and cowards of this country will deserve the mess they will have to live with. As far as I'm concerned, that will be the end for Scotland. Why call ourselves a country if we don't have the courage?

Well said.

Just remember though mate, our consciences will be clear when we vote Yes on that ballot paper. How can someone walk into that polling station on 18th September 2014 and have the guts to tick "No"? I find that incredible.

House....

Well said.

Just remember though mate, our consciences will be clear when we vote Yes on that ballot paper. How can someone walk into that polling station on 18th September 2014 and have the guts to tick "No"? I find that incredible.

I don't. We are the most cowardly nation in the world. We've had the Scotch cringe beaten into us, by ourselves, for hundreds of years, and it shows in the craven cowardice of so many of our people. Too scared to put ourselves forward, too scared to encourage success, too scared to be different from the crowd, we are a pathetic little statelet. This is our one chance to actually stand up for ourselves, and yet still, a large minority are convinced that we are incapable of running our own affairs without it all turning to shit. Isn't that depressing?

So yeah, if that minority somehow get the votes to win, then hell mend them. I will start encouraging the ruination of the region formerly known as Scotland.

Shocking news! According to the Guardian, the independence white paper is being shifted to November.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/scottish-independence-blog/2013/sep/11/scottish-independence-whitepaper-dunfermline

The fact that it was always November is neither here nor there, and the story is worth reading, just for the desperation to create a story factor. Wings demolished them (they are quoted in the comments) with a years worth of quotes from all sources about the paper being scheduled for November, and in the comments section, its 30% pointing out examples of the same author (among many others) who have previously said that it is November, 30% mockery, and 40% deleted comments.

I agree in principle, but they won't want to be seen to have been lying so they'll cede something nobody cares about. Like allowing the Scottish Parliament to oust members who've done something criminal. Or they'll give us a new tax varying power that will help the rest of the UK at the expense of Scotland no matter which way you vary it. Oh, they already did that. I'm sure they'll find something else that will screw us if we ever use it.

Been away for a few weeks, so missed the news. Have the NO camp come up with a single valid reason to justify their campaign?

Sturgeon made a mistake about Europe, so Scots are incapable of self-government. Something like that.

The latest Unionist gem - contradicted by none of the forum unionists - is that 80% of Holyrood's work is rubber-stamping edicts from Brussels. So, presumably that as well.

Sturgeon made a mistake about Europe, so Scots are incapable of self-government. Something like that.

The latest Unionist gem - contradicted by none of the forum unionists - is that 80% of Holyrood's work is rubber-stamping edicts from Brussels. So, presumably that as well.

To your extremely limited credit, at least you acknowledge I'm not a unionist. Maybe you should have a word with xbl.

If the pro-independence camp had anyone interested in ideological purity (and we're too progressive and broad-church for that) I'd be at this point tempted to call you a 'wet'.

Archived