Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the movie Brave, which Anus Sarwar was slavering about negatively on Scotland Tonight last week, is actually having a very positive effect on our economy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-24014661

Liebour = :lol:

Not bad for an investment of a few million squid.

Anus must feel quite foolish now.

Indeed. Gloating mainly from the Unionists. Followed by defensiveness. Followed by silence.

Much like the SNP engineered poll. Which attracted 'all to play for' bouncing smileys until the true comedy of the poll emerged, then there was embarrassed Nat coughing into handkerchiefs and 'Uh well... polling isnt important anyway and it s all dodgy'.

Hopefully that it was utter shit. In which case it may be the first time Sarwar has got something right.

SHit it may be (i haven't seen it to judge) but that's not what he said.

I seem to remember him having a hissy fit about a meager 10million investment (even though it was much less than that).

It just shows how piss poor his judgement is really.

Well, either that or he genuinely does not want to see Scotland involved in success stories like this. Take yer pick unionists.

SHit it may be (i haven't seen it to judge) but that's not what he said.

I seem to remember him having a hissy fit about a meager 10million investment (even though it was much less than that).

It just shows how piss poor his judgement is really.

Well, either that or he genuinely does not want to see Scotland involved in success stories like this. Take yer pick unionists.

It was Jackie Baillie who said the £10m (in reality £7m) spent in conjunction with Disney and Visit Scotland could be spent on ameliorating the effects of the Bedroom Tax on the poor folk of Scotland, even though it had already been spent and it was Labour that originally introduced the Bedroom Tax.

Much like the SNP engineered poll. Which attracted 'all to play for' bouncing smileys until the true comedy of the poll emerged, then there was embarrassed Nat coughing into handkerchiefs and 'Uh well... polling isnt important anyway and it s all dodgy'.

Actually, what happened is that the independence supporters agreed that the question could be leading when the full picture emerged, because we have some intellectual honesty. We didn't feel the need to hide.

Still, hope you had a nice silent yesterday.

Folk do realise that the benefit Brave is going to have on our economy is a forecast and hasn't actually been demonstrated. It's also a forecast by visitscotland, the very organisation who spent the money promoting it. So the organisation who spent money promoting Scotland on the back of a film are forecasting it to have a great impact on Scotland's economy. The figures in the Ashcroft polling probably have more credibility.

To add to the film critic debate I also thought it was a poor film. Easily down the bottom rung of Pixar's efforts along with Cars 2 and from reviews I've read Planes.

"two of the places and landscapes that inspired some of the locations and scenes in the film have already seen a rise in visitors.

The cliff top ruins of Dunottar Castle, near Stonehaven, had 16% more visits this summer than the same time last year.

Callanish Stones, which were visited by writers and artists from animation studio Pixar during a fact finding tour of Scotland, was an inspiration for the film's ring of stones."

This is something that has already happened.

"US and Canadian tourists on Disney's Scotland: A Brave Adventure tour have spent time in the Kingsmill Hotel in Inverness, Edinburgh's Balmoral Hotel and Cuillin Hills Hotel on Skye.

Disney said that hundreds of people have already booked for the 2014 tour."

As is this.

Archived