Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For anyone who's interested (just found out via Twitter), Wings, in the comments of one of his most recent posts is currently accusing the President of Glasgow University Scottish Nationalists Association, the Former President of Glasgow University Scottish Nationalists Association, and a young SNP activist on here, of ganging up with Unionists in a negative tactics campaign against him for pointing out that:

a) Chelsea Manning has the right to identify as a woman and to be referred to as such

b) His use of homophobic and sexist language, also on his website, are unacceptable

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting stuff, AdLib. Looks like XBL was wrong with those accusations of you being a unionist! Can we have more posts like this from you please?

I particularly liked the independence poll at the end - currently standing at 542 responses, with 78.04% in favour! Woohoo!

Pity we can't compare that to recent polls as the question is different (would you vote for Scottish independence?) and the choices are YES :thumsup2 , no :thumbsdown , and "prefer more devolution" :unsure: (an option not on the ballot papers, despite unionist efforts to convince us that's what a no vote would give us). Probably safe to say that the majority of participants are Liberal Youth, so not an accurate cross section of society either. Still, I only read that poll today, and as I type this I'm the last person to vote in it. That makes it current, so I'm claiming this as momentum and a massive swing towards Yes.

Edited to correct the random text sizes.

The poll got hijacked by a bunch of Yes folk on twitter :P

Also can you please supply evidence for all of those Remember.. claims please. This should be good. Im happy with the first one. I definitelt said he is a nobody and a clueless moron. Happy to stand by that. The rest are utter rubbish though. I fully expect you to refuse, bluster.. then ask Reynard for pension figures tomorrow.

8)

Fucking hell, is the fat c**t STILL banging on about that?

For anyone who's interested (just found out via Twitter), Wings, in the comments of one of his most recent posts is currently accusing the President of Glasgow University Scottish Nationalists Association, the Former President of Glasgow University Scottish Nationalists Association, and a young SNP activist on here, of ganging up with Unionists in a negative tactics campaign against him for pointing out that:

a) Chelsea Manning has the right to identify as a woman and to be referred to as such

b) His use of homophobic and sexist language, also on his website, are unacceptable

Glasgow uni eh? Law degree?

8)

Fucking hell, is the fat c**t STILL banging on about that?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by xbl. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by xbl. View it anyway?

I take it that at least one or both is a yes then? What a p***k.

I take it that at least one or both is a yes then? What a p***k.

Still waiting. After all, apparently it was "fun" for you. Still waiting for you to "humiliate" me when you reveal your figures.

Glasgow uni eh? Law degree?

The current GUSNA President is a Glasgow law student. The other two aren't. All three are fundamentally "sound" even though they have very different political views from my own.

Btw, if Bradley Manning is a woman trapped in a mans body, then doesn't that make him/her currently a man? I'm STILL waiting for examples of, well, anything really. You've been evidence lite all day.

Chelsea Manning is a woman. Her gender is not pre-determined by her biological anatomy.

Curious on two fronts, if we can move away from the constant sniping on this thread:

- has Salmond or any other SNP rep stated a view on potential intervention in Syria?

- what do we think the polling would be if there was an option to remove the Scottish Parliament? (Ie, more, same, or less representation)

Curious on two fronts, if we can move away from the constant sniping on this thread:

- has Salmond or any other SNP rep stated a view on potential intervention in Syria?

- what do we think the polling would be if there was an option to remove the Scottish Parliament? (Ie, more, same, or less representation)

There was some SNP MP on 5live this afternoon. I think she was winging it a bit and was basically saying "we will wait and see what is said in parliament" blah de blah. Probably fair enough really.

Don't think so.

And they used to include it as an option in some polling, but I don't think it's so common to include it these days as support for it is essentially nonexistent.

They have actually:

http://news.scotland.gov.uk/News/First-Minister-Statement-on-Syria-376.aspx

As the UK Government prepares to put a resolution to the UN Security Council on "authorising necessary measures to protect civilians" in Syria later today, First Minister Alex Salmond said:

“The Scottish Government condemns unreservedly the actions of the Assad regime over recent months and years. In particular, we condemn and deplore any use of chemical weapons by any party as a crime against humanity. If the findings of UN inspectors do point to this appalling attack having been perpetrated by the Syrian regime, Assad and those responsible should face the full accountability of the International Criminal Court.

“Any resort to military action should always be approached carefully, on an evidential base, and within a clear legal framework – and only after full consideration of the aims, objectives and consequences. At this stage, we consider that these criteria have not been met and therefore that the case for military action in Syria – or the UK’s participation in it - has not yet been made.

“The Scottish Government believes that the UN inspectors should be given the time and the full support of the international community to complete their investigations.”

There was some SNP MP on 5live this afternoon. I think she was winging it a bit and was basically saying "we will wait and see what is said in parliament" blah de blah. Probably fair enough really.

Got to imagine they'll avoid full on support. I would like to think they'd have the courage of their convictions and come out strongly anti-.

Got to imagine they'll avoid full on support. I would like to think they'd have the courage of their convictions and come out strongly anti-.

What convictions are these?

They have none.

Heard some Lib, Lab and Tory backbenchers last night on I think 5 Dead too and they were all the saying the same. Winging it, apart fae the Tory who was up for a rucus.

Archived