Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe Gordon Brown will come on as a late sub and f**k everything up big style? :lol:

And speaking of Gordon Brown, where are those pension figures you've been promising? You make Gordon Brown look honest and good with numbers.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that have to do with 'what school did you go to?' sectarianism?

It's perfectly clear that you attempted a desperate smear, failed, and have subsequently shat out of backing up your claims.

Colkitto was intolerant of Massie's views based purely on where he was educated. Most people would see that as being bigoted.

What school did you go to is pretty close to what University did you go to which is presumably something our left handed friend would ask before deciding whether their views were relevant.

I await your outraged response at my having had the audacity to even compare this to sectarianism.

I'd say we're 10 minutes in at the very most.

Really? The SNP won a parliamentary majority in May 2011, over 2 years ago. It was clear then there would be a referendum.

In the two and a bit years since then they have made no inroads whatsoever into the approval ratings for independence, and they have little over a year left. I thought saying we were only at half time in the second leg was being generous, we're actually nearer 60 minutes.

Does anyone really believe they are going to achieve an unprecedented swing in 13 months? Are the figures going to move more in the next year than they have in the previous 30 years? They're going to need to for a yes win.

I think a charity bet's in order. Given the overwhelming favour for independence on this forum; I'm expecting huge demand for this. Therefore I'm restricting it to the first five people to take me up.

I say Scotland will vote no next year. If you think we'll vote yes its time to put your money where your mouth is.

Pick a sum between 1 and 100 quid and the winners chosen charity will benefit from that amount when the results are announced next year.

Be quick nationalists, this is for the first five people to take me up only, and given the seeming confidence of the yes campaigners i'm expecting an online stampede. Post your figure on this thread and I will reply to confirm the wager.

Colkitto was intolerant of Massie's views based purely on where he was educated.

Erm no he wasn't. He was 'intolerant' of Massie's view regardless of this. Education was raised as an indicator of his complete disconnect. Would it be bigoted to point out the number of Old Etonians in the British Cabinet? How about David Cameron's membership of the Bullingdon Club?

Most people would see that as being bigoted.

Most people would consider bigotry to be the stoning of Catholic school buses in darkest Lanarkshire, but you keep clinging to a laughably stretched comparison if you wish.

Nobody's impressed.

Erm no he wasn't. He was 'intolerant' of Massie's view regardless of this. Education was raised as an indicator of his complete disconnect. Would it be bigoted to point out the number of Old Etonians in the British Cabinet? How about David Cameron's membership of the Bullingdon Club?

Most people would consider bigotry to be the stoning of Catholic school buses in darkest Lanarkshire, but you keep clinging to a laughably stretched comparison if you wish.

Nobody's impressed.

Clearly more a chump than a champ.

1. Given the sole purpose of Colkitto's original post was to draw attention to which University Massie went to it's clear he was attempting to dismiss Massie's argument on the basis of where he was educated. That's bigotry.

2. Drawing attention to the number of old Etonians in the Cabinet or Cameron's membership of the Bullingdon Club wouldn't be bigotry just a statement of fact.

3. Dismissing any old Etonian Cabinet minister or ex-Bullingdon Cameron just because they are old Etonians/Bullingdons would be a sort of bigotry.

4. Anyone stoning a Catholic school bus anywhere due to it being Catholic is of course a bigot but then nobody has said they weren't. Maybe you should stop being so parochial in your outlook.

5. Clearly you have drawn up a definitive scale of bigotry which I'm sure you'll be happy to share with us. If you could post it around 11:30pm that would be great as I've been having trouble sleeping and it strikes me this would be a good cure for insomnia.

3. Dismissing any old Etonian Cabinet minister or ex-Bullingdon Cameron just because they are old Etonians/Bullingdons would be a sort of bigotry.

But no-one actually does, in the same way that Alan Massie was at no point dismissed just because he went to Oxbridge.

Straightforward stuff but when you're desperate to fling mud reason appears to go out the window first.

If there's one group in British society that suffers the slings and arrows of outrageous bigotry it's those with elite school education #prayforeton

But no-one actually does, in the same way that Alan Massie was at no point dismissed just because he went to Oxbridge.

Straightforward stuff but when you're desperate to fling mud reason appears to go out the window first.

You really should read Colkitto's original post on this - the one where he just says Massie is ex- Oxbridge as if that is sufficient to dismiss any contribution he might have. Which never happens according to you. You should be alright with it - there aren't many long words.

You really should read Colkitto's original post on this - the one where he just says Massie is ex- Oxbridge as if that is sufficient to dismiss any contribution he might have. Which never happens according to you. You should be alright with it - there aren't many long words.

I shall weep for the poor Oxbridge graduates who selflessly run the country for the good of the poor ignorant citizenry and ask only for 40% of the wealth in return.

I shall weep for the poor Oxbridge graduates who selflessly run the country for the good of the poor ignorant citizenry and ask only for 40% of the wealth in return.

Do you have evidence for the assertion that Oxbridge graduates have/control/ask for 40% of the wealth?

Took me ages to come to a decision on this. It's very difficult.

I really don't think there will be a major economic consequence either way to voting yes though. So my decision is really based on how I feel. And the more I see of English folk the more I realise I'm just not like them. It just seems like everyone in England is either a crazy right-winger, crazy left-winger or crazy posh person. Maybe they're not but I just wouldn't know. I've only been there a few times.

I'm just not like them and I don't think most Scottish people are. English people seem foreign to me. So I would vote yes. I think we're different people and so should be different countries.

You have no sense of humour.

You're right it may only be as little as 30-odd percent.

ons-total-wealth-distribution.png?w=450&

Are you telling me that Oxbridge graduates make up over 30% of the wealth? Have you got some evidence for that? This hasn't gone well for you, has it?

Are you telling me that Oxbridge graduates make up over 30% of the wealth? Have you got some evidence for that? This hasn't gone well for you, has it?

A/ It was a joke, a reaction to the poor lambs being victimised by that stinker and notorious bigot against the elites, Colkitto

B/ Where do you think rich people go to Uni?

C/ f**k off.

A/ It was a joke, a reaction to the poor lambs being victimised by that stinker and notorious bigot against the elites, Colkitto

B/ Where do you think rich people go to Uni?

C/ f**k off.

I know this one, is it C? :)

As far as I am aware, no English test cricketers playing today have agreed to throw matches for money,so I don't think the parallel is a good one.

If your usual form is anything to go by, there'll be a breaking news story soon about an English test cricketer throwing a match for money.

:lol:

Ok, it's not throwing matches, but they're still a bunch of cheats. Silicon tape indeed. Tsk.

Archived