Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today's update from Project Fear:

Scottish independence: Scientists setback fears

Argh!

I'm starting to find this sort of thing slightly tedious bit hilarious at the same time.

You mean to say as a new internationally recognised legal personality country/state/nation/thingymabob we will have to negotiate things on our own two feet? LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS oh my!

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to find this sort of thing slightly tedious bit hilarious at the same time.

You mean to say as a new internationally recognised legal personality country/state/nation/thingymabob we will have to negotiate things on our own two feet? LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS oh my!

Even their own supporters in the media are finding it tedious but there is nowhere for them to go as there is no positive case for the Union. Just think another 14 months rehashing the same old scare stories, what an easy job for their campaign team they just continue to reuse and recycle the same guff in a new way. Total bawbags

So professor Higgs, who was probably one of the main reasons the supercollider was even built, won't be allowed to go to CERN?

EDIT: And research spending is disproportionate to what? Certainly not Denmark, Switzerland, Finland, Germany, USA, Austria etc.

In fact, according to The Office for National Statistics we spend 1.56% of our GDP on research and development in Scotland, while the EU average is 1.96%.

An independent Scotland won't be constantly comparing itself to England, and we might actually raise our expectations a bit if we realise how badly we've been served by this unhappy marriage.

Absolutely Nobody. People shout that they want more details, but many of these people haven't read the details that ARE out there. The Unionists want to go right into detail about things like mobile phone charges and international dialing codes, because they want to get the independence campaign tied up over small details. The Unionists haven't got a big message except fear.

Debates about how the scottish economy will work or how the anglo-scots relationship will work should be left until after the referendum. The SNP shouldn't be telling us what their plans are because they have no mandate to set up the new Scottish state. Personally the idea of having a post-referendum election with all parties having a blank sheet of paper to work from rather excites me.

Right now the debate should be about what we believe in and not a tiresome economic argument. The fact is no matter what the politicians on either side may tell you the roof isn't going to cave in whatever the outcome. This referendum should be about what we believe and who we feel we are.

Also, whats coming from Westminster isn't just scare tactics, its downright hostile. How could they justify showing hostility to a new progressive democratic state?

Debates about how the scottish economy will work or how the anglo-scots relationship will work should be left until after the referendum. The SNP shouldn't be telling us what their plans are because they have no mandate to set up the new Scottish state. Personally the idea of having a post-referendum election with all parties having a blank sheet of paper to work from rather excites me.

Right now the debate should be about what we believe in and not a tiresome economic argument. The fact is no matter what the politicians on either side may tell you the roof isn't going to cave in whatever the outcome. This referendum should be about what we believe and who we feel we are.

Also, whats coming from Westminster isn't just scare tactics, its downright hostile. How could they justify showing hostility to a new progressive democratic state?

Bingo. The one thing that No has done quite successfully is to try to get the Scottish voter to look at this as a general election, with a straight choice between a Salmond dictatorship and the benign forces of Westminster.

Question - should the SNP make clear that they will disband at a point to be determined post yes vote? I haven't really thought this through properly, but were they to make clear, that might help to damage the cult of personality schtick that the No campaign is preaching.

Still, we can console ourselves with winning the vote on here. 65%! Not too shabby. I remember a few years back when it was only 50-55%. And this is the only poll that really matters. Who cares what the braindead masses think. Half of them support Sevco, for fucks sakes.

Happy you've found solace in this little vote on here.

Absolutely Nobody. People shout that they want more details, but many of these people haven't read the details that ARE out there. The Unionists want to go right into detail about things like mobile phone charges and international dialing codes, because they want to get the independence campaign tied up over small details. The Unionists haven't got a big message except fear.

Your last sentence is simply not true.

Identity is a big point and until the nationalist separatist movement can convince Brits it's better to for them to lose half of their identy then you matey,are beat.

Honestly, I'm not worried about what the No campaign is doing.

Let them continue as they are, they are hilarious.

Yeh,hilarious red hot favourites to win the referendum.

3 0 up so to speak and looking comfortable.

Your last sentence is simply not true.

Identity is a big point and until the nationalist separatist movement can convince Brits it's better to for them to lose half of their identy then you matey,are beat.

The only unionists I know are what I would call economic unionists. Those who believe the scare stories.

Alistair-Darling-010.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice photo of Mr Darling in the kitchen knocking up his porridge,which has become a British breakfast over time.

I think Scott's porridge excellent,i have it with syrup and maybe a touch of milk to cool it down.

Suger (white or brown) is also very tasty.

The only unionists I know are what I would call economic unionists. Those who believe the scare stories.

Some might be true.

Maybe the rUK will tell inde foreign Scotland to do one,concerning the £.

Where's Rab C Salmonds plan B?

People do not want to struggle.

Loads of Scots are British and because of that thet already know full well where to place their x come Sept 2014.They knew the second Rab C announced the referendum.

Some might be true.

Maybe the rUK will tell inde foreign Scotland to do one,concerning the £.

Where's Rab C Salmonds plan B?

This isn't Salmond's fight, the electorate should decide how a new Scottish state would be run.

I'm undecided here so what I think is most important to ask is why?

Why? Is the big question why do we want independence is it because of sour grapes being bought and sold for English gold? Is it because genuinely that Scotland would be better alone? Would it be because of Thatcher? Is it constant westminster rule, if so, why has devolution failed or not rectified this, indeed has it enhanced the desire... But it is definitely why... But on a personal note what do you as an individual benefit from separation?

I haven't ever followed politics or such, however this vote is looming and I would like to know I am voting yes or no for the right reasons.

I'm a bit concerned when people think a person's identity is entirely based upon nationality. (50% lost if we go independent)

Its not a persons whole identity but makes up a large part of it for some people, be that Scottish or British.

I'm a bit concerned when people think a person's identity is entirely based upon nationality. (50% lost if we go independent)

Who thinks that,i don't and if your're suggesting Scot/Brits do too,then you insult their intelligence and soul.

I'm undecided here so what I think is most important to ask is why?

Why? Is the big question why do we want independence is it because of sour grapes being bought and sold for English gold? Is it because genuinely that Scotland would be better alone? Would it be because of Thatcher? Is it constant westminster rule, if so, why has devolution failed or not rectified this, indeed has it enhanced the desire... But it is definitely why... But on a personal note what do you as an individual benefit from separation?

I haven't ever followed politics or such, however this vote is looming and I would like to know I am voting yes or no for the right reasons.

We are a nation and should govern ourselves. The political differences between us and the rest of the UK are becoming greater and the policies we have forced upon us are not representative of Scottish public opinion. But mostly this is about our identity.

Its not a persons whole identity but makes up a large part of it for some people, be that Scottish or British.

You can be Scottish or British and be very individualistic too.

That's just so obvious.

Both have encouraged this.

You can be Scottish or British and be very individualistic too.

That's just so obvious.

Both have encouraged this.

Perhaps you can be but that seems strange to me personally.

Archived